Hello All

I have a:

- 27 inch iMac running High Sierra

- Canon Pro 9500

- Calibrated monitor using Spyder Pro 3

- Lightroom CC Classic

- Photoshop CC

- Use current ICC profiles

I've been printing for several years and on several different paper types including fine art and have been really happy with my results.

Recently my print colors are way off tending towards a heavy green/blue tinge (other colors aren't affected nearly as much).  My workflow hasn't changed in any way but all my prints are terrible. This problem occurs in both Photoshop and Lightroom.

In Photoshop when I Assign any color profile other than my workingspace I get a huge color shift. When I Convert to the paper profile the image looks fine but the print has the color shift. When soft proofing in Lightroom the printing results are the same, however while in the develop module everything looks correct.

I let my printer manage a print and the colors were much closer but definitely no where near what I have soft proofed.

I've reset the preferences in both Photoshop and Lightroom with no improvement and then downloaded older versions resulting in no change. As another test my Costco prints turned out perfectly. Any help solving this problem will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Stew

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stewt670009  wrote

Hello All

In Photoshop when I Assign any color profile other than my workingspace I get a huge color shift.

You should edit is a standard color space. sRGB, AdobeRGB or ProPhotoRGB.  Your Display profile is configured into you system and Photoshop  will use your Display's Profile and your  Printer/Paper profile when they need to be use for color management.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JJMack

Thanks very much for responding.

Photoshop and Lightroom are both set to AdobeRGB. I have been using Photoshop and Lightroom for editing and printing without issue for several years and this has never happened to me before. It is especially baffling because these are ICC profiles that I have used over and over again.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks

Stew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had a reddish tint happen happen printing on my Epson 4800 which was fixed by resetting my Photoshop Preferences

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, your working space isn't important here. It's just a default. The embedded document profile will always override it.

In Photoshop when I Assign any color profile other than my workingspace I get a huge color shift.

Don't assign anything. Why would you do that? The profile needs to be the correct one - the one the file was created in.

When I Convert to the paper profile

You can do that in some circumstances, provided no further color management happens in the print path. But it's not the standard procedure.

• Keep the correct document profile.
  • Set the correct paper profile in the PS print dialog, the one that corresponds to the printer/paper/ink.
  • Turn off printer color management so you don't get double profiling.
  • Set the correct media type in the printer driver to control total amount of ink.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response D Fosse

I think I need to clarify my post.

I use Lightroom to develop and print my work. When this issue showed up, I went into Photoshop to see is the problem would be duplicated, and it is.  I thought I would take a look at Assign and Convert Profile to see if something was off.  I never actually assigned a profile, I previewed it only but hat was when I was able to see the color shift on screen rather than just my prints.

Update

I recently updated my Mac to macOS High Sierra version 10.13.3 and I'm pretty sure that was when my problem started. So I moved one of my profiled images over to my older mac and printed it via Lightroom and it is perfect. To test this out I'm going to load up an older operating system to see if that resolves the issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well upon further inspection I am realizing that the prints from my other computer are washed out. I think it is because the monitor hasn't been profiled. In any case it would be nice to find a solution that would allow me to print from my main computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same type of issue:

running: Mac Pro on High Sierra 10.13.3

Second screen Eizo calibrated

Photoshop CC 2018 19.1.1 and CR 10.2.0.894

I also use LR classic CC 7.2 and CR 10.2

Since the last updates I have a major shift in color when opening file In Photoshop from CR photoshop

also if file large and many layers, I have seen that file - on screen - will also shift in color: much more vivid. However when saved and reopened image is correct .

Had this issue quite a long time ago.

I have totally reset the Eizo screen, recalibrated

Modified preference performance settings Graphic processor in Photoshop drawing mode from normal to advanced and back to normal

However problem persists.

Is preference file corrupted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds very much like one application is using the wrong monitor profile. This has been reported quite frequently on dual display systems (like laptop + external, but also on desktop systems). For some reason Mac OS + Eizo Colornavigator seems to trigger this more often than other combos.

What happens is that the application uses the monitor profile for the main screen, even while the application sits on the secondary screen. So the data are converted into the wrong profile and the wrong numbers sent to screen.

Usually it's ACR doing this. Whether this is a bug in ACR or the operating system - or both - is impossible to say. It could also be Colornavigator. Or all three.

The only workaround I know of is to change display assignments in the OS, so that what is now secondary becomes main.

There is also a Mac OS bug with the F key - full screen mode - that apparently does the same thing. I don't know if it's related.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since my last post I have found a work around that is inconvenient but sucessful. I have a 2007 20" iMac that has been sitting unused for several years.

I do all my editing and soft proofing on my 27" iMac and send the file over to the older one and print from there. I do no further editing or soft proofing and my prints are perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. I last used my Epson P600 about 2 months ago as I been using the Epson printers at school to do my prints. Today when I went to use Photoshop CC to print several photos on my iMAC (macOS High Sierra 10.13.4). I have been using the Epson P600 for a couple years as well as the Epson 7900 at school and I think I am schooled in loading the correct paper profiles for printing on the various types of paper. I also am getting a heavy red/magenta color shift, especially on skin tones. Doesn't look anything like what is displayed on the monitor. Can anyone direct on a possible solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I've not found a better way than to use my older iMac. It's an annoying work around but at least I don't have to buy a newer printer yet.  If at some point I learn of a fix I'll post it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you found any solutions yet? I just purchased a new iMac and tried printing, the print came out really warm and the blues where way off. I printed the same file from my MacBook and it came out perfect. I have the same external Dell monitor connected to both computers. I really hope someone has found a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew

The only solution that has worked for me is to print from my older Mac. I

still do all my editing and soft proofing on my new Mac. I export the

profiled image to the old Mac and print from there using Lightroom. Don't

be tempted to do any editing after that.

I've also gotten into the habit of creating folders in Lightroom (on the

old Mac) such as Hahnemuhle photo rag relative etc. and saving the images

there.

Hope this help.

Cheers

Stew

On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 5:22 PM andrewh66569577 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stew, I think I fixed it!

I went to the Canon site and found the driver for my new iMac and downloaded it, printed from the iMac and it came out perfect. The print matched the print from the older MacBook exactly.

I'm not sure how you loaded everything on to the new machine, I used Time Machine. I think the driver file that was brought over doesn't match for the new machine.  Apparently the driver I previously downloaded for the MacBook doesn't work on the iMac.

See the very bottom of this article. https://www.colourphil.co.uk/printing-canon-mac.shtml

Good luck!

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent! Is your printer a Canon pro9500?

On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 5:59 PM andrewh66569577 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I have the Pixma Pro-100.

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, that explains it. The Canon site doesn't have a new profile available

for the pro 9500. Apparently it's too long in the tooth to bother. Glad

things worked out for you tho.

On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 6:31 PM andrewh66569577 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines