• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Panasonic Lumix DC-TZ200 RW2 Files

Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Panasonic Lumix DC-TZ200 and the RAW RW2 files do not open in the latest CC Photoshop. (19.1.2 release)

Are there any plans to update the latest CC to be able to view them?

Downloaded a program on Win 10 called Photoscape X that can view and edit them but i don't want to do that as i use p'shop everyday.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Adobe has released an ACR update today which includes support for the Panasonic LUMIX ZS200 (DC-TZ200)

I’ve made a blog post summarizing the main features of the current update:

What’s New in the Lightroom April 2018 Release

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you prefer processing RAW images with ACR instead of the camera maker’s proprietary software you might want to petition them to allow shooting DNG so that Adobe does not have to play catch-up with each new camera model’s RAW format.

Please see for yourself which version of Camera Raw supports a camera and which version of Photoshop is compatible with that ACR version:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/camera-raw-compatible-applications.html

Edit: The camera does not seem to be on the list yet, so DNG Converter would not support it either.

Using the free DNG Converter would be an alternative.

https://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=106&platform=Windows

https://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=106&platform=mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was no proprietary software with the camera (hence the Photoscape X). I normally shoot Canon and that's well supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same camera and problem. I was going to subscribe to LR cc but there is no point I'll just stick with LR 6 standalone for now. I've been using photoscape x pro Silkypix 4.4se and Fastone image viewer to edit mine so far. Come on Adobe get some support for our cameras.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on Adobe get some support for our cameras.

Come on, stop blaming Adobe for camera makers’ decisions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why should the camera manufacturers bow down to the software producers? It's up to Adobe to satisfy us, every time a new camera is launched with a particular format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you being serious?

If a camera maker introduces a new Raw Format Adobe is to blame?

If a camera maker deliberately tries to prevent their users from using Adobe software to develop their Raw images Adobe is to blame?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes,Yes & Yes, if they want to sell their software, regardless of manufacturers politics!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I am concerned your »argument« appears to be lacking in merit.

You apparently want to use ACR to process your Raw Files.

The camera maker whose customer you are is preventing you form doing that.

You blame Adobe.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any software manufacturer should be ahead of the game, not playing catch up to OEM's!

Adobe must have an R & D and marketing dept that gets information from all OEM's about upcoming camera releases.

Are you saying you know that Panasonic do not cooperate with Adobe, therefore Adobe should do nothing?

Think maybe you are confused in the ways of keeping and expanding one's business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased the TZ200 so have the same issue. Does anyone know how long Adobe typically take for this sort of thing (which I realise is fairly common)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly no idea, but frustrating to say the least!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have traded up from TZ100 to TZ200 in the last couple of days.  I pay for Photoshop CC (2017) and Lightroom CC (2017) because I can no longer buy Photoshop as a one-off program - the selling point being that it would be regularly updated as part of the package.  So where is the update to cover the RAW files on the TZ200?  Neither program recognises this camera's RAW files.  For pity's sake Panasonic hasn't kept secrets about its release, has it? 

The answer is my fail-safe belt 'n' braces - buy a standalone copy of ON1 2018 - its not expensive, you get the update, you get Perfect Resize and a few other nice things, it works in a similar fashion to Lightroom but with layers, and you don't get the hassle concerning drip-feed payments.  It does read the RAW files of the TZ200 - I've just used it.  Come on Adobe, stop resting on your laurels and get on with updating your ACR more promptly. Its called "Customer Service" and the downside of not giving it is that you lose customers.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're spot on.... "the selling point being that it would be regularly updated as part of the package"!

Thanks for your valued input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I understand it, Adobe watch the camera announcements, and when a new one comes out they buy one, then have a team play with the camera making lots of RAW files until they understand (by "reverse engineering") what the camera maker has done this time. Then, finally, they can add support to Camera RAW. THEN Adobe wait until they have a bundle of new Cameras and release them in a batch every few months: this is the only part they could speed up.

It doesn't have to be like this. Cameras are in development for years, and you'd think it would be in the interests of the camera makers to send the full technical details of the new RAW stuff over to Adobe well in advance. But hardware makers notoriously don't think software is of any importance, and that - if software is needed at all - that their bundled software does everything anyone could ever want. They probably see Adobe as competition, or irrelevant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the first part i agree they could do things quicker.

2nd part, i don't really think any manufacturer that sells cameras is too bothered about bundling software with the camera (unless of course the software provider makes it worth their while), they should focus on their core expertise in reality.

Maybe the camera manufacturers arrogance in believing Adobe is not relevant is too short sighted, who knows, but it's up to Adobe to "push the manufacturers" in all areas to stay ahead of the game.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has released an ACR update today which includes support for the Panasonic LUMIX ZS200 (DC-TZ200)

I’ve made a blog post summarizing the main features of the current update:

What’s New in the Lightroom April 2018 Release

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads-up - the update is just showing on  my update panel (wasn't there earlier), but isn't yet allowing me to actually update.  I'm probably in a region that it hasn't quite 'rolled out' fully to yet (UK South-West).  In the meantime, back to On1!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try clicking the three dots (top-right) in Creative Cloud and choose check for app updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying, but: been there, done that, the whole thing refuses to do more than promise with no actual action going on (a bit like a politician).  I will therefore give the software time to trot across the Atlantic (or whichever bit of water is applicable) before trying to update again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My update on the updates () - apparently it was dawdling along to my computer as I suspected.  It decided to arrive properly and actually instal - the update is now complete and working on both Photoshop and Lightroom and I can actually DO something with the TZ200 files.  Yippee!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you do that?

I have Lightroom 6.14, updated to today. Every time Lightroom says the RAW-files cannot be opened in .RW2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is yours opening the RW2 files ok?

I'm just updating mine now - thanks everyone for the info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yes it is opening the new .RAW files for the TZ200.  Lightroom opened them first go, there was a small hiccup with Photoshop, but then it sorted itself out and opens the files in the new version of ACR 10.something.  The confusing bit is that Apple now need to update their Photo so you can see the images rather than a blank square in Finder! That means that when you open the files into Photoshop you are flying a bit blind - and I prefer to work in ACR over Lightroom (OK so I'm a Luddite!).  No doubt it will be sorted out in due course.  According to Adobe the new GX9/(G9?) files will be supported too, which is good news for anyone treating themselves to that Panasonic model - sorry if the model is vague, it had a G and a 9 in it and I didn't note which/both/either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines