• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe After Effects Controls in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to me there should be an option to have After Effects style controls in Photoshop.  Going back and forth between the two programs would be much easier if I didn't have to remember totally different commands for each program.  It would make sense that the controls were consistent across the Adobe product line.  If you truly want to improve the suite, add some consistency.  Is there anything like that out there?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you truly want to improve the suite, add some consistency.

Who do you think you are addressing here?

This is a user Forum, so you are not really addressing Adobe here, even though some Adobe employees thankfully have been dropping by.

The place for Photoshop Feature Requests is:

Photoshop Family Customer Community

But have you tried customising the Keyboard Shortcuts yourself yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe someone who knows more about these programs has run into a similar issue and has resolved it in a way that could benefit me and others.  I'm not a fan of reinventing the wheel, if I don't need to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some commands are specific for certain applications, so making them alike for different ones would make we could not use easily one of them. There was change to adjust Photoshop to other Adobe products but then we found accessing minimised documents in Photoshop became impossible. To access them now there is need to make some things manually using mice move / click for every single document, as shortcuts do not work anymore. Just think that on this change an user during one hour working at plenty of documents may lose about 10 minutes, not mentioning of flustration everything what for 15 years worked smoothly now needs some workarounds that you can't fully focus on a project only you work on, but on supporting operations they are around of them. More about: [CTRL]+TAB no longer cycles through minimized documents in CC2018?

But maybe you're right about some behaviours they should be common for all applications, just say which exactly you refer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for the post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad that helped you, but I have no idea how?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the complexity of the problem.  I've seen options that allow you to map your own keyboard shortcuts, for example.  Having an option in the preferences to use the After Effects controls in Photoshop seems like a feature that many users could benefit from.  There is a look and feel that is consistent across the various applications.  Sometimes I forget which program I am using, right up until I use the scroll wheel to zoom (from AE) while in Photoshop.  That's when I realize how clunky the Photoshop zoom function really is.

I do appreciate your response.  And yes, posting this here is probably a waste of time.  It was late and I was probably a bit punchy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pmpfx  wrote

right up until I use the scroll wheel to zoom (from AE) while in Photoshop.

Well, FWIW, there's a preference setting in Photoshop for that.

And generally, the application is a lot more customizable than many realize, if you go through all the options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're in CC2018 however it's part of Creative Suite too, you can go to Edit / Preferences / Tools / Zoom With Scrool Wheel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines