• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does one of the Lightroom Programming Gurus know how to fix this old SIMPLE preset

LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my MOST USED preset is one created by the late great Rob Cole to clear the top of the history panel.  In "lrtemplate" format it was very simple to create by creating a preset with ONE item selected and replacing that item with     NoEdit=true.

As expected, this hand edited preset didn't convert to XMP.

s = {

id = "C135F085-12DB-4ED4-8418-8AD5B761B5BD",

internalName = "Clear Top",

title = "Clear Top",

type = "Develop",

value = {

settings = {

NoEdit = true,

},

uuid = "97315B7D-8C75-4D83-8985-6EC3876683D2",

},

version = 0,

}

I have tried to edit a new XMP preset to do the same with no success.  Do any of you Lightroom programming gurus have any idea how to do this or is there a new SDK that documents the XMP preset format.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a link to the SDK if you wish to try creating your own artistic profiles. It may give an insight into how you may edit your existing profile. Click below to start downloading the zip file.

http://www.adobe.com/go/profile-sdk

Matt Kloskowski has some ready-made profiles/LUTs including a few free samples. Simply download, unzip and drag the folder into Camera Raw >> Settings

https://mattk.com/profiles/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks 99jon but I was referring to a DEVELOP preset.   All the "Clear Top" preset does is allow you to select a point in the History panel and the preset will place a Clear Top preset in History that clears everything ABOVE the selected history step without changing ANYTHING.  The above preset was created in earlier versions of Lightroom by unchecking everything except for Dehaze and then hand editing the Dehaze line to be   NoEdit=true.       I tried hand editing an XMP preset to get rid of Dehaze in a similar manner but was unsuccessful as Lightroom apparently checks all the presets every time it loads and removes ones that are not compatible (good idea BTW).  I was just wondering if there is a similar coding command for XMP like NoEdit=true in the"lrtemplate" presets.   The late-great Rob Cole created this preset idea a long time ago and I and several of my Lr friends use it all the time.   Very handy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Bob what you are looking for is some way to Clear the History section list above a entry that you pick rendomly without actually removing edits those entries did to the image?

What happens when you place that original preset in a folder now being used by the newer version of LR? Does it show up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Just+Shoot+Me  wrote

So Bob what you are looking for is some way to Clear the History section list above a entry that you pick rendomly without actually removing edits those entries did to the image?

What happens when you place that original preset in a folder now being used by the newer version of LR? Does it show up?

Original .lrtemplate presets are not compatible with 7.3 and won't show up when placed in the new location. If they were compatible, Lightroom would not have to convert your existing presets In the first place.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Just+Shoot+Me  wrote

JSM

What the Rob Cole's preset did was actually REMOVE the edit history AND edits above the history step that was chosen.  This was useful when I wanted to get rid of recent edits and also not clutter up the history panel.  This is similar to going back in history and selecting a step and doing an adjustment such as Dehaze.  The Dehaze step is placed in history and the steps above are removed from the history panel AND the edits above are also removed.  The Clear Top preset just placed a NoEdit command apparently.  If I place the old preset in the folder it is removed when Lightroom starts as the command NoEdit is not compatible and can not be converted.  If the XMP format had a similar command to NoEdit I could just do that.  Considering I NEVER use Grain, for now I just created a preset to set GRAIN Amount to ZERO and manually removed the Size and Roughness from the XMP preset and it works fine.  It would be nice to duplicate what I had.  I have found no documentation on the XMP preset stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried something like:

crs:HasSettings="False">

Would that achive what you want

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

99jon  wrote

Thanks,

That was a great idea but it did not work.  It seems you have to have at least ONE setting to have the preset import without error.  The HasSettings="False" does not get rid of this required settings.  The lrtemplate had the NoEdit "setting" which got rid of the problem and maybe someone know about a similar "setting" for the XMP.  Its not a deal breaker but was a handy tool several of us used and got used too.  I know a couple of my Lr friends do not use GRAIN so the 0 grain workaround is ok but the programmer in me wants to get it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

99jon  wrote

99jon

You may have started me in the right direction.  I have been doing a little more testing

If I set Grain="" instead of Grain="0" AND HasSettings to false than it seems to work.  Doing it this way DOES NOT set Grain Amount slider to 0.

I will have to do a little more testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After more testing I still haven’t got this to work. The methods I thought were working had other issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines