Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Builder Will Not Start

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this happened today...

Our company has multiple FB 4.6 Premium licenses (developers and QA).

Our QA user called me into her office because FB would not start - clicking the icon resulted in a splash screen that quickly disappeared.  No log entries, and a hanging .lock file in the .metadata folder.  My first thought was that it was a classic corrupt workspace issue, so I followed all of those steps to no avail.

Then another developer called me - he is having the same issue.  I tried starting up FB and lo and behold I am having the same problem as well.  In fact, the only one of us who is not experiencing this problem is the one developer who left FB open on his desktop over night.

I am preparing to uninstall/reinstall in the hopes that will return a functional environment, but I am not especially optimistic at this point.

The fact that this has hit all of us on the same day tells me that it is most likely some kind of license verification problem or other time bomb built into the product (I do not believe in coincidence).  Is anyone else experiencing this today?

Thanks,

Leighton

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. This is happening to me also on multiple machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The uninstall/reinstall allowed FB to start exactly one time, and then it reverted back to the same behavior.  I guess I should have clarified the question by asking if you have found a way around/through this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Sorry. I have not found a fix/workaround.

My response was more of just adding my voice to yours so we know that it is an Adobe problem... hoping that they will hear us. There are still people out here, trying to use this program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone from Adobe is listening, did a server that was being used for license validation get shut down?  During the reinstall process, after entering the license key and my Adobe ID, it told me that it was unable to register the product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here - I was working on a project yesterday and all was fine. but I get the exact same issue today - the splash screen shows and then disappears.

Removing the metadata did nothing, it recreates, but still doesn't start up. Uninstalling and reinstalling allows the app to re-open, but the moment it is closed, the same problem reoccurs.

I have checked if any Windows Updates were installed overnight and there were none, so at the moment development is at a standstill and I have wasted 6 hrs so far today trying to get this working again.

ADOBE - please explain??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have multiple licenses and have the same problem. So far it it has only effected our windows 10 machines. Two windows 7 machines are still working. Also we had an upgrade license to 4.7 which we have just installed and it appears to work even after we rebooted that machine. The issue is 4.7 does not have a screen painter so it is really only for maintenance.

ADOBE WHAT IS GOING ON !!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Happened here in Sydney, Australia. All PCs with Windows 7 running the Flash Builder 4.6 for years stopped working today. Must be some malicious time bomb attacked the Application. So frustrating. ADOBE, SAY SOMTHING PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have exactly the same issue happening on multiple PCs today

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are seeing the same issue as well.  Anyone please post a workaround if you find it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My name is Josh, I work with Leighton.

Used phone number 1-800-833-6687. Just pick any options to get to live person.

After long bouncing got to Adobe supervisor. Opened a ticket.

Threaten them with all I could, lawsuit, hell on earth, the Russian president.

I recommend you all do the same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have multiple Win 10 machines with described failure. I reinstalled Flash Builder and am running a 60 trial version, but have not allowed the PC to shut off, only sleep.

Fiery rhetoric: Adobe, this is an unethical way to treat customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Josh has come up with a potential workaround:

1) Back up your .metadata folder

2) Uninstall FB

3) Re-install FB (DO NOT START IT!)

4) Using whatever firewall you have, block FB from accessing the internet (incoming and outgoing)

5) Restore your .metadata

6) Start FB

I'm not sure if this is a permanent fix or will only work until the trial period expires.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK Guys, Josh here again to save your melting brains. I FOUND THE SOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For those of you who already opened FB and got the crush - you'll have to uninstall it.

Install fresh one with a key as usual.

BUT - DO NOT OPEN IT.

Go to your Firewall and block FlashBuilder from the internet.

TA DAAA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, don't do .metadata thing. When you crashed it deleted workspaces.xml

You will have to setup everything from scratch.

Unless you had a backup which you haven't crashed yet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried the suggestions and noticed during the reinstall that there were three firewall entries added by the installation, which I changed to block also before opening FlashBuilder.

Once again it opens the first time and then it ceases to open.

I am unsure whether my Creative Could subscription/installation may be a contributing factor as to why this isn't working for me?

ADOBE - WHY????????????????????????????? We are on an Adobe forum and NOT ONE Adobe representative has responded to this.

I have one major application that I am unable to migrate away from FlashBuilder and therefore MUST continue to support through FlashBuilder, I am sure you are not going to send me any money for the time I am wasting to remove and reinstall YOUR application, which I legally purchased, just so I can run another day of support for my clients - this is ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DoubleDamo - When you uninstall busted one, did you select to delete preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok here are the final instructions. Did on 6 different machines. worked every time.

1) Uninstall FB - check Remove preferences

2) Install FB full version, use your key (DO NOT START IT!)

4) Using whatever firewall you have, block "flashbuilder" from accessing the internet (incoming and outgoing)

5) Start FB 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem launching Flash builder.  I uninstalled, but not able to install.  I am trying to install 4.6.  It does take my license, but right about 1% into the install it fails with:

"The Setup encountered an error(-1) during install. Please restart the machine and try again."

A restart does not help. 

Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it make a difference if you right-click and run the installation as an administrator? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This alternative solution works for me. We can use this till ADOBE fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Povor - yes I did, but it still doesn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem in multiple machines

i need your help please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First solution:

Install flash builder in the trial mode, which wont go for activation and it'll keep working fine.

Second Solution:

Rollback windows updates, as our system administrator manage to test it and found out that windows update is blocking Flash Builder from working/Contacting the online server

Third Solution

Move to Flash 4.7 it's fine so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Windows update is preventing Flash Builder from loading?   My last windows update was on Feb. 22 and I was able to run Flash Builder until last week (it started failing on March 22). 

Won't the trial version expire after 30 days?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines