• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How would you compile different texture maps into one image?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am not sure if this is a stupid question or not, it probably is, but I am still new to PS and I have only really used 3d texturing software.

If I have different textures that I want to add to say a model of a road, and I have different asphalt or concrete textures, but for those textures I don't just have albedo or diffuse but I also have normal maps and roughness maps to give the textures extra realism, how would these be added to the road with all 3-5 maps that come with the texture?

Capture.PNG

Above are different types of the maps for one concrete material, the albedo would just be the color of the texture but I would like to texture a road with more than just the albedo, id like to have about 4 of the maps overlaid on top of one another then use that to texture it, I am just not sure how to do it.

Thanks

Edit: Actually, I just added each map individually as layers, I guess I would save the final material out that way

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Hi

You can apply varies texture maps in the properties panel for the material in Photoshop 3D. Next to each material property you will see a small folder. Click on it and you will get a menu to load texture, create a new texture (and if a texture exists to Edit or remove the texture)

It is hard to tell just from the thumbnails but try adding them as below - just add one at a time and if you get an unexpected result just remove that texture

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You can apply varies texture maps in the properties panel for the material in Photoshop 3D. Next to each material property you will see a small folder. Click on it and you will get a menu to load texture, create a new texture (and if a texture exists to Edit or remove the texture)

It is hard to tell just from the thumbnails but try adding them as below - just add one at a time and if you get an unexpected result just remove that texture

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

When I follow your screenshots I do not see any folder to add the maps into.

This is what I see:

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to create or import a 3D object then select the materials in the 3D panel. At that point you will see the propeties in the screenshot.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would you import a 3d model? When I look under the 3D tab everything is greyed out and not selectable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easton777  wrote

How would you import a 3d model? When I look under the 3D tab everything is greyed out and not selectable.

You can open a 3D model as a new document using File >Open

or

with an existing document open (it must be in RGB mode) then use menu 3D >New Layer from File

Note : If everything in 3D is still greyed out, with an RGB document open  -then  go to Help >System Info click copy and post the info here. We may be able to see what is causing it.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what type of model file is needed, FBX does not work.

Or would I just import the UV

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try using wavefront (*.obj) or collada(*.dae). Make sure the textures are in the same folder.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines