• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sound is not synced when I import .dng files to AE

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have a lot of green screen footage, and I need to open it in AE to key the green out. When I open it, I have import the audio file separately. And it doesn't sync with the video! I checked the frame rate, it was shot on 25 fps, but if I import it and create a composition after - it opens as 30fps. But If I create the composition first and set the frame rate to 25 - the result is still the same, sound not synced... Please help! I've been fighting with this footage for a week already... Tried importing it to Premier Pro, the sound is ok and the frame rate is 25 fps, but I can't get as good results with the green screen, and can't adjust the colours when opening raw files.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Oh, the solution was much easier actually! I have checked footage interpretation, it was 30 fps, but there was no way to change it. But then I realised that it must be the default assumption of AE, and it was! I just checked preferences and you can set a frame rate for imported sequence footage. Sorry for the silly question! (yes I AM new to AE))

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you actually checked the footage interpretation? Project timebase settings? Sounds like nothing is actualyl wrong, you just don't know AE very well. Dare I say noob alert? Check these settings plus of course the relevant audio preferences and preview settings.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this footage variable frame rate? Perhaps Premiere is compensating for the frame rate. You could put the footage in to a timeline in Premiere, tight click on the footage in the timeline and select replace with After Effects composition. Then do what’s needed in AE. Save in AE and the changes would be in Premiere.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, the solution was much easier actually! I have checked footage interpretation, it was 30 fps, but there was no way to change it. But then I realised that it must be the default assumption of AE, and it was! I just checked preferences and you can set a frame rate for imported sequence footage. Sorry for the silly question! (yes I AM new to AE))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines