Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon 6 D mark 1 RAW / LR 3.6

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

I have some outdated gear and software that has worked beautifully for the last decade, so haven't really upgraded much....until the other day.

I shoot with a Canon 7d and use Lightroom 3.6 on OS 10.6.8 Macbook Pro to edit a lot of my travel/wedding stuff.

I recently got a killer deal on a Canon 6d mark 1 and have discovered that my LR 3.6  is unable to process download RAW files from the Canon 6d. JPEGS are downloading without incident.

I have a wedding next week and would like to figure out a solution to still shoot in RAW that hopefully doesn't involve buying a new laptop / lightroom.

What version of LR do I need to be able to process RAW files from Canon 6d Mark 1

Many thanks for your assistance

Pete Brennan

oneearthphotography.com

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

What version of LR do I need to be able to process RAW files from Canon 6d Mark 1

The original 6D (NOT the Mark II) was first supported by Lightroom 4.3 and Camera Raw 7.3.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

However, you won't be able to purchase Lightroom of that vintage anywhere.

To avoid upgrading your laptop and software, you can use the free Adobe DNG converter to convert the Raw files to DNG format. Then import the DNG files into Lightroom 3.6 and edit them.

You can download the DNG converter vers

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original 6D (NOT the Mark II) was first supported by Lightroom 4.3 and Camera Raw 7.3.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

However, you won't be able to purchase Lightroom of that vintage anywhere.

To avoid upgrading your laptop and software, you can use the free Adobe DNG converter to convert the Raw files to DNG format. Then import the DNG files into Lightroom 3.6 and edit them.

You can download the DNG converter version 7.4 (version 7.x is the last version which will work on OS X 10.6.8) from:

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 7.4

Camera Raw: How to use Adobe DNG Converter - YouTube

How to use Adobe DNG Converter - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks so much for the detailed response, I appreciate it !

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines