Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migrating catalog from Lightroom 5 to Classic CC

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have tried unsuccessfully to migrate my Lightroom 5 catalog to the new Classic CC.

Everything I read tells me to install a trial of Lightroom 7, update the catalog; then I should be about to migrate the newer version of the catalog.

Is it still possible to install Lightroom 7? I can't find it.

Or is there another option?

Thank you

Sarah

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

You must subscribe to a 'Photography' plan to upgrade to LR-Classic CC  (v7.3 just released)

You install or update Lightroom Classic-CC by using the Creative Cloud Desktop App.

LR Classic-CC is currently otherwise known as Version 7.3  (There is no Version 7 Perpetual 'stand-alone')

To 'Update' a Catalog (LRCAT file) you can Double-click the Catalog used in LR5  to 'open' it with LR-Classic-CC 7.3 and a copy will be made, the copied catalog updated to work with LR Classic-CC v7.3, and "-2" will be

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You must subscribe to a 'Photography' plan to upgrade to LR-Classic CC  (v7.3 just released)

You install or update Lightroom Classic-CC by using the Creative Cloud Desktop App.

LR Classic-CC is currently otherwise known as Version 7.3  (There is no Version 7 Perpetual 'stand-alone')

To 'Update' a Catalog (LRCAT file) you can Double-click the Catalog used in LR5  to 'open' it with LR-Classic-CC 7.3 and a copy will be made, the copied catalog updated to work with LR Classic-CC v7.3, and "-2" will be added to the updated Catalog name.

(Note: an updated Catalog for LR-Classic is not backwards compatible with LR5, but you have the original LR5 catalog untouched, backed up- i hope!!)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines