• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Import lrtemplate Dev Presets

Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Classic 7.3 converted my installed Dev Presets OK (although not alpha/numeric sorted, but that's another problem)

Now I want to Import Presets (.lrtemplate files) that were not installed at the time I updated to 7.3..

When I Right-click on a Preset folder and choose [Import], I get the Windows Explorer window, selecting a .lrtemplate file and clicking [Import] gives me the error-

ScreenShot027.jpg

Anyone else tried Importing 'old' Presets?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

I think a number of developers who sell profiles or presets have had to re-write them as XMP for their clients. You can dig into the instruction. There is a link to the SDK if you wish to try creating your own artistic profiles. Click below to start downloading the zip file.

http://www.adobe.com/go/profile-sdk

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think a number of developers who sell profiles or presets have had to re-write them as XMP for their clients. You can dig into the instruction. There is a link to the SDK if you wish to try creating your own artistic profiles. Click below to start downloading the zip file.

http://www.adobe.com/go/profile-sdk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also found another answer within another thread-

If you add presets to the original presets folder without the tilde it does appear to update those new presets when Lightroom is restarted, which is a good thing for legacy presets. They will still be out of order of course.

I tested and found:

Placing the Presets in a Folder within the 'old' Presets location will also update and show the folder with enclosed presets in v7.3

So adding a folder of .LRTEMPLATE presets here- C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Develop Presets

when Lr is opened they automatically get converted as .XMP here- C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\Settings

Success, all my archived Presets are recoverable.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You my friend are a life saver. Thanks. This worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines