• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

reCaptcha 2.0 not showing up from Muse 2017

Engaged ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I re-exported out my whole project. Entered my Public and Secret key into widget. I re-did my forms from new. My forms are in lightbox's, pop-up windows and on the page. When I go to all of them to test them out, attached is what I see?!! What am I doing wrong?

Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 10.40.02 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've come across other forms where a lot of people are talking about turning on the "allow_url_fopen". BUT, this doesn't make any sense to me as we are trying to implement a security feature (reCaptcha 2.0) and lowering the security by allowing url_fopen?!?!

Other Forms Say: "Turn on allow_url_fopen"

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2264691#access_token=eyJ4NXUiOiJpbXNfbmExLWtleS0xLmNlciIsImFsZyI6IlJ...

My Host Says:

allow_url_fopenDisable this directive to deny attackers the ability to open remote files from your server through file inclusion vulnerabilities.

What is the right way of doing this?! I can't find any other answers...? Please help! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am in communication with our dev team regarding this issue.

Please allow me some time to gather more info on this.

By the mean time can you please try the workaround suggested above and let me know if it works for you.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for helping me out, I really do appreciate it!

I've been trying to bug my IT admin at work to switch it on, but he's been busy. So I've got a confirmation that we will do this on Tuesday next week.

Didn't want you to think I'm not interested any more. I'll let you know Tuesday if it works. Hopefully by then you'll find another way that is more secure.

Thanks and have a great long weekend!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so finally I got to get my IT Admin to switch to "allow_url_fopen" and tested it out to see if it works. And it works!

Not sure if that helps in any way. I'm going to turn it off now since this setting, like I was saying before is not secure.

Not to sure what your saying about how a VPN would allow me to make a form? I don't see the relation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stupidly I had tested our live site thinking it was our testing site. I tested the wrong recaptcha haha.

So I tried this again and its not working for me. The recaptcha is just not there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well glad that it is working now, and we also came to know any other possibilities of Recaptcha not working.

However, I am just wondering which reply can be marked as correct in this thread

Can you please do the needful for me by marking a Reply correct?

Cheers,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry let me clarify....

Its not working.

I had tested the fopen method on our public site thinking i was testing(not live, aka subfolder) the testing site that had applied the new muse recaptcha 2.0
So today realizing what I did, we turned fopen back on and the recaptcha is still not there and not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there

I cannot revert back to re-capthca 1.0 as google has removed this option so can't see the security keys - thus I have had to use the re-captcha 2.0 as I get way too much spam on my email without this. Unfortunately the contact form just doesn't work, it returned an error saying "The server encountered an error".

I found this article which says - the hosting provider will need to be contacts for an adjustment to be made to the php.ini file to enable url_fopen to be OPEN

The support agent did this and placed the file in the public_html folder of the server - I tried the form and it still gives en error - How come this complication wasn't there with the old re-capcha setup - this is something I feel Adobe really needs to clarify a bit more. Any advice on how to get this form working would be most welcome. I use A2 hosting to host my website.

https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7921

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

at this point I would put the site on Adobe BC and use the BC capthca... at least that gives you a working form to play with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your reply, however I feel that Adobe should really fix this - is Adobe BC free?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think the Muse Dev team have implemented recaptcha 2.0 well at all in the native forms. It simply doesn't work for me and a lot of people out there, I don't think the BC captcha solution as a fallback is good at all more so it costs a subscription to have that. This is something the muse team must address properly and also provide users with steps on what to do if the forms don't work with recpatcha 2.0 - Version 1.0 worked really well - as Google has made that obsolete this leaves muse users with a big dilemma on how to solve spam emails coming through the forms. The form is a critical aspect of any website - it must be given much better focus than Adobe has done recently with Muse which lately has not had much updates and is buggy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ty Christ-Fowel - I too contacted my service provider to do the allow_url_fopen - they say everything is fine on their end - this is not something that the end user for muse should be going to do - its just not a seamless experience  - If anyone manages to find a fix for this I would appreciate it - the last thing I want to do is go and embed a form on my muse site to make it work with a spam filter that defeats the purpose of paying for this software !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe a good workaround, limited to a certain amount of incoming mails unfortunately, try to use jot form.

I think, recaptcha 2.0 needs too much patience from our side towards ADOBE.

And clients normally do not want to wait, until there´s a maybe solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why you should NOT turn on "allow_url_fopen"

The main problem with turning on this feature "allow_url_fopen" is that it lowers the security of your site. Allowing your sites files to easily be access remotely. So if any of your clients are on your site, a hacker could manipulate your site into tricking your clients or even you. The whole point of having Googles Recaptcha 2.0 is to increase security and not to decrease it with Adobes "work around".

Thats the real reason why I'm not using that feature, besides I tried to see if it worked and it didn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you have a look at jot form? It should be pretty easy.

You create an account free, create your form as you like, create the code (does jot form for you), insert that code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did checked out jot forms. It doesn't really give you much to work with if you wanted to customize it a little. It doesn't export code like how Muse does so you can't manipulate it if you wanted. The styling of the forms isn't nice enough for my site. It would stand out like a sore thumb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That might be, sorry. Hope, someone from ADOBE gets in touch with you soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me check with the product team and get back to you.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran​, is there another way to prevent spam via forms, created by muse?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe,

From what I hear, the product team has fixed the issue with Recaptcha internally.  I am not sure if this is related to the spam issue as well. Will check and get back to you.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Preran,

I just thought about the recaptcha. This is to prevent spam, as users have to check, "I´m not a robot".

Just because this thread shows issues with recaptcha.

Or was Christ-Fowel​ the only one with this issue?

Thanks

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me help with that question.

Lots of forums here are having an issue with Adobe Muses 2017 Recaptcha. They way Adobe is asking people to "fix" it is buy turning on the allow_url_fopen on your server. For most people, this has fixed there issue. For me it still didn't work, which isn't the point here. BUT even if it did, I wouldn't use it... BECAUSE...

The fix Adobe is asking people to do is counteractive. As we use Recaptcha to reduce spammers/hackers and improve security, what Adobe is asking is to reduce our security for this feature to work. Enabling this feature would actually put you in a more venerable situation then before when you didn't have the recaptcha in my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

I understood completely, that`s why I asked Preran about this. Of course forms need any kind of recaptcha AND allow_url_fopen

is no alternative. That´s quite obvious, I could also invite all hackers for a barbecue

Thanks Chris – Waiting for Preran and ADOBE MUSE TEAM to fix this ASAP.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

who is hosting this site?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines