• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Distorted recording in C4

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2009 Jan 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First clue is how quickly it calibrates the microphone input (too quick to even read the second word of the text).
While recording you can see it's going into the red zone most of the time.

Result: Weird sounding background warbles and squeaks like I am calling Mission Control while orbiting Pluto. Strange thing is the volume is fine. It's background noises that render the narration useless.

Notes:
- Purchased a USB Plantronics headset in case analog plug was a factor; same results.
- Works fine if I switch back to C3.

Anyone else having this problem with C4?
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2009 Jan 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am having the same problem in C4 (trial version). The audio is distorted like I am over driving it. I tried different settings and encoding with no luck what so ever. I am using a USB mic - it works fine in C3.

I really can't upgrade until I know how to fix this issue.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2009 Jan 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am having the same problem in C4 (trial version). The audio is distorted like I am over driving it. I tried different settings and encoding with no luck what so ever. I am using a USB mic - it works fine in C3.

I really can't upgrade until I know how to fix this issue.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 02, 2009 Feb 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Sort of a garbled sound. It sounds to me like the CODEC to record and digitize can't keep up with the sound. I tried with sound settings turned all the way up to the highest quality too. Sound is recorded as WAV and then the MP3 file is burned on compile. When you export the sound file it is the WAV file. If you compile and then export you'll get the WAV and MP3 file. I think that this should be improved to match the quality that is expected.

Joe C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 03, 2009 Feb 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joe,

Please report this issue to the Adobe Captivate team using the web address I have included below. A number of us have experienced problems with audio quality that need to be addressed.

Adobe Captivate Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Best - Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2009 Feb 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble even getting my USB mic to work with C4 (trial version). Although I have it selected, and it does work with other programs, I can't even calibrate it. I'm a newbie. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2009 Feb 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it pretty amazing that they released C4 with a bug this big.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2009 Feb 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Well, what's even stranger is -- they haven't fixed it yet. ;-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources