• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR C CC V 7 .3 Croping tool showing last image

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When cropping an image in develop mode the previous cropped image shows for about 1 second before showing the current one selected.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing this on Windows 10 although it is so momentarily that I needed to look closely to see it when pressing the R key. It doesn’t appear to affect the working of the crop tool but it looks like a bug as it was not happening in v7.2

You have done the correct thing by reporting it on the Photoshop family forum where the engineers are more likely to see it than in this user to user forum.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lr-classic-7-3-crop-tool-showing-last-image

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi andrewjen,

Sorry that you're facing this problem. I am able to reproduce this issue at my end and have asked our Engineering team to look into this.

Thanks a lot for reporting it. I see that you also have asked this question here: LR Classic 7.3 crop tool showing last image | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the reply Akash, at least it's not just me    shall I remove it from the other community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi andrewjen,

Checked that this issue is specific to Windows OS only. Does the problem occurs if you uncheck "use graphics processor" under Preference> Performance menu in Lightroom?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Mac Os 10.13.3 .

Ok just tried turning off the graphics processor, and it seems to have solved it.

this is the card in the Mac pro

Screenshot 2018-04-04 14.20.47.png

Many thanks

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here on macosx 10.13.3 with this graphics processor

Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 15.34.02.png

When turning off, the problem does not show up.

Thanks,

Claude

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning off the graphics processor does stop the 1 second previous image replay on the Mac.  However, dragging the crop tool then becomes jerky instead of the normally smooth operation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem remains on 7.3.1.

Your suggestion to turn of the GPU is an absolute cop out as LR runs abysmally on Macs without it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are still working on this problem and recommend that you add your vote to this discussion Lightroom Classic 7.3: Crop tool showing last image (GPU on) | Photoshop Family Customer Community ​

Our Engineers monitor this community for bugs, feature requests which helps in driving our product updates and fixes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Adobe Dev knows about the problem, working on it. But still we have to vote for it?

Adobe has become a real life parody show.

What about giving us updates that are internally beta tested instead of making creative professionals your alpha/beta testers.

In reality Adobe subcribers ( you know professionals that pay money for a working product ) are now paying money to be a beta tester.

And lets be honest. Most of the recent updates shouldn't even be out of alpha, but are released anyway...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like Adobe are relying on us suffering subscription holders to be their Beta testers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not just happening on Windows... This is my operating system info as of 4-26-18 and it's happening on every crop I perform:

About_This_Mac_and_Lightroom_4_Catalog-2-2-2-2_lrcat_-_Adobe_Photoshop_Lightroom_Classic_-_Develop.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not just the crop tool. Every tool shows this, like sharpening, switching to the print module, etc. Win10, AMD R9 270 GPU.

**Mac Studio M2 Max** Sonoma (14.4), 32GB/1TB (system/catalog), Photos stored on QNAP all SSD volume connected via 10GbE
**Raw images** Sony A7R - A7RV, A7C (24 MPix), a6700, Sony NEX-7, various Canon DSLRs and G series
**Displays** 2x BenQ SW271C (4K, USB-C)
**Printer** Epson SureColor SC-P800

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on a iMac. When i disable the GPU, the problem doesn't appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We're able to reproduce it on both Windows and Mac OS. Our Engineering team is investigating this issue. I'll update this discussion once we have a fix.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed V 7.3.1 but the '1 second previous image showing' stays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the problem remains in 7.3.1!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no mention in release notes that 7.3.1 fixes this particular bug.

New features summary for the October 2017 and later releases of Lightroom Classic CC

Nor did Akash report it as fixed. Why did you think otherwise?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So not sure if this is a fix but the problem seems to have gone away.

I've done two things recently and not sure which one if any have fixed the problem but figured I would share in case someone else wanted to test it.

First thing I did was disable LogiOptions plug-in in plug-in manager. I did this in an attempt to remedy another problem I was having after deleting images from a collection.

The second thing I changed recently was the Tool Overlay option after the Crop function is selected.

I usually kept that on Always but changed it to Auto.

I just edited the first 350 images from a wedding and not once did it flash to an old image.

In the past, I would have to restart LR after about 50-100 images because I couldn't stand it anymore.

Hope this helps!!

I also posted this in the Photoshop Family Forums.

Cheers,

Toby

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines