• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open PDFs failed to connect to DDE server-Fatal Error?

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am suddenly since Friday having issues with my adobe programme, specifically the reader-I cannot open any PDFs.

I have creative cloud account and every time I try to open a PDF, it asks me to log in, which I do, I receive the note saying you are now licensed to use, press continue...and nothing.  I try to open the PDF again and exactly the same thing happens. Continual loop of asking my log in details.

A few mins later I get message saying Fatal Error-Adobe Failed to connect top a DDE server...

Please help me, this is driving me insane!  I have tried to look online for a solution but nothing seems to be working

Many Thanks

Lindy Gray

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I have same problem. I have licensed XI PRO product. I can't open XI PRO since Monday morning. I have tried all the solution suggestions. But I can not use the program. It certainly does not open. After a long time I see "DDE server error". Emergency solution please.

BR.

Erol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started having the same problem yesterday, Acrobat will not open PDFs and eventually I also receive the "DDE server error." I'm running Windows 10 Pro v1709. My system's last update was on 3/13/18, well before this issue surfaced.

I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe Acrobat only to receive an error indicating my serial number is incorrect, which it isn't...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi AmyDrinkie,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Are you still facing this issue? If yes, please try following troubleshooting steps:

Make sure that the application is not open to the Task Manager.

1-Go to the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del.

2- Go to the processes in Task Manager.

3- End all processes related to Acrobat.

4- Restart the computer.

5- Launch Acrobat again.

If that doesn't work, Repair the application. Open Acrobat and navigate to Help menu > Repair installation. You may refer to the following thread for the same: Acrobat failed to connect to a DDE server (Installation & updates)

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines