• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR 5 desktop compatibility with D7500

Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need a live support person to help me. I just upgraded from a D5100 to a D7500 and LR 5 desktop will not support my RAW/NEF files. I want to talk to a live person. I have already gone through the help pages, but do not know enough to try fixes on my own. Thanks, Janine

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The NEF files from the D7500 require LR6.12 or above or LR Classic.

Alternatively, you can convert to DNG

DNG Converter is free. You can batch convert a whole folder of NEF images into Adobe raw (DNG) without any loss of quality and the dng files will be backward compatible with your LR5 software

Get the latest DNG Converter Mac  | Win

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which of these solutions do you think is preferable? Are there pro and cons to both?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I upgrade/upload  6.12 from my LR 5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I am downloading LR6, why not download the latest version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main installer of the program installs Lightroom 6 .0. Then you need to download and install Lightroom 6 .14, which was the final update for Lightroom 6. There will be no more updates or upgrades available for Lightroom 6 after that. The "latest version" is subscription only. It is offered as the Creative Cloud photography plan which includes Lightroom Classic CC, Lightroom CC, and Photoshop, and is $9.99/month in the US. It cannot be purchased outright.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The download should be the latest version of Lr6 (i.e. 6.14). If it isn't then you can easily upgrade at no additional cost.

>Which of these solutions do you think is preferable? Are there pro and cons to both?

DNG is free, but all your 7500 image will need to be converted to DNG. Some find this tedious, and would prefer to remain with the camera vendors native file format. Upgrading to 6.12/14 comes at a cost, but allows you to continue using the 7500 native file format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the cost you mentioned to upgrading to 6.12/14?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can purchase LR6 standalone (not subscription) at the upgrade price.

Go to this link and click: Product Catalog

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/help/download-in…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends were you live. The second link I provided above should take you to the correct page store though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I please speak to a live person?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That link does not take me to a live person or live chat. The options go away when I click on troubleshooting and LR. What is the correct path to get to a live person via phone? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's right at the bottom of that screen. But you have been responded to by Ian Lyons and I don't think you'll get much better information from a live chat. But you can go ahead and try. You'll either have to upgrade or use the DNG converter. Really, it's that simple.

Capture.JPG

It does require a little scrolling to get there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have scrolled down to that box many times today. You have to answer questions above it, then the chat and phone options disappear. Can you just give me the phone number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/J+Stevie  wrote

Yes, I have scrolled down to that box many times today. You have to answer questions above it, then the chat and phone options disappear. Can you just give me the phone number?

Folk on this forum are, for the most part, just like you - customers. We do our best to provide the information available to us, and when necessary guide customers on to other support channels. The link I provided above contains all pf the information you require to to make contact with a live person. Pushing the buttons on linked page for you below is what I get. However, I have no idea if there's areal person on the other end.

3. Support - Phone

Change

Please call us at:

800-833-6687

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the officially support cameras and the version of Lr that support was first introduced Cameras supported by Camera Raw  You'll see that you need at least 6.12. A single license version is still obtainable from Adobe. Instructions on how at Download and install Lightroom 6 (Single App license)

or go straight to Adobe products: desktop, web and mobile applications | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no need to talk to a live person regarding this matter. There is no support for the D7500 with Lightroom 5. Production for that version ended long before that model was released. You have been provided with solutions by others in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a need to talk to a live person, as determined by me. I am thankful for the above responses. I would still like to speak to a live person for questions pertaining to these responses, and because that is the method I prefer to communicate with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines