• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 7.3 - What Happened to [Custom] Camera Profiles?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to LR Classic 7.3 and my CC Passport Custom Camera Profiles are nowhere to be found.  How does one add them back???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Yes, sorry for the confusion. They do carry over. I just realised I checked it with the wrong camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are now in the Basic section of the Develop right hand panel. Right at the top.

And include some extra features.

Profiile Browser Closed.PNG

Profile Browser Open.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, there they are.  Thank you, JSM!  I think Adobe should have had them show up in Favorites right off the bat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled-1.jpg

I dont have the new profile window

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I was just posting the same incidence. Just updated to classic 7.3 but the new profile browser is not there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your preference file using Method 1 on How to set Lightroom Classic CC preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already tried that. i even uninstalled and nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reset the preferences  following both methods, uninstalling and installing again, but nothing. The panel is still not there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of image file, File Extension, are you viewing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.RW2 and the vibrance and saturation are greyed out I notice that the splash screen is the same as 7.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open 'Help> System Info' and check that you have Lightroom Classic Version 7.3

The fact that you screenshot shows the Dehaze in Basic panel would suggest that you do.

Have you tried removing the application and reinstalling?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled-1.jpg

I already uninstalled its very strange

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think something is badly messed up with your install, the screenshot show Lightroom 6 with Version 7.3. I't can't be both, and certainly should not be showing Lightroom 6. Best you completely remove then reinstall via the correct entry in 'Adobe Creative Cloud' App. You should have a copy in you Applications/Programs folder.

Untitled-10.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, I have the same problem and also tried all of the usual options.  (Fresh install, etc.)

My version of LR came with a camera and was, I think, for the stand alone version of LR 6.  Somehow, I am still getting updates on that version - which is actually really cool of Adobe - even if it's an accident.  I suspect that's where there's a disconnect between the label on your about screen which says "LR6" and the version which shows 7.3.  I think we're only getting some of the new features. 

If I wanted to do a fresh install, I would have to start with LR6 and then update - since my LR didn't come on physical media.  Is yours the same?

Confusing, but I'm not complaining about getting a few extra features and some extra updates.

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it’s a phantom version with some sliders grayed out because there is no subscription? Were you able to upgrade your previous catalog during the installation of LR Classic 7.3?

Installing a trial would normally have all the features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely not a trial version.  It's working great and has for months (as classic) and for quite a while as LR6 before that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh well, who knows! Is your saturation & vibrance slider working and the sliders in the HSL panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Just+Shoot+Me  wrote

What type of image file, File Extension, are you viewing?

The file extension should make a difference. If Lr can import the file (i.e. supported extension) then the XMP based profiles can be applied via the Profile Browser. Same applies for the Process Version applied to the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lots of new profiles in this last update. Perhaps you haven't seen the video tutorial that was released.

The Power of Profiles in Lightroom Classic CC - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They should be in the segment named 'Profiles' in screenshot shown above by 'Just Shoot Me'.

Also, remember that they are 'camera specific'. So, only those applicable to the selected image will be visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OP is talking about custom camera profiles. These are .dcp files and they do indeed not carry over, so it seems. I'm not sure how to convert these to .xmp.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JohanEl54  wrote

The OP is talking about custom camera profiles. These are .dcp files and they do indeed not carry over, so it seems. I'm not sure how to convert these to .xmp.

They carry over just fine for me! On a Mac FWIW.

More and useful info about all this from the Lightroom Queen:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/camera-profiles/?utm_source=The+Lightroom+Queen&utm_campaign=0f0de716...

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JohanEl54  wrote

Either I have a special build and/or special custom .dcp profiles, which is doubtful. Mine, as are the OP's X-rite ColorChecker Passport, and they certainly carried over into the correct folder/segment (as .dcp).

Untitled-1.png

Untitled-2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually all my custom made camera specific profiles for the Leica M8 I use to use are in the Profile browser. I only made 3 of them but they are all there.

Custom Made Profiles.PNG

But you have to be viewing the brand of camera they were made for. They don't show up for all cameras.

Mine were made for a Leica M8 and the images I have displaying is from a Leica M8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, sorry for the confusion. They do carry over. I just realised I checked it with the wrong camera.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines