• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Muse EOL announcement - Alternatives to Adobe Muse?

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

For those of you that haven't received the email around the Adobe Muse EOL, see the FAQ Product Announcement that tries to answer some the common questions around the announcement including the reasons behind the decision.

Before we proceed with discussing alternatives, the Muse application will continue to open on your computer. You will be able to continue to edit existing or create new websites with the application. Adobe Muse will continue to be supported until May 20, 2019 and will deliver compatibility updates with the Mac and Windows OS or fix any bugs that might crop up when publishing Muse sites to the web. However, it is quite possible that web standards and browsers will continue to change after Adobe stops support for the application.

While there is no 1:1 replacement for Adobe Muse at this stage, the FAQ link above provides some alternatives. Also, Adobe is making our own investment in DIY website creation and welcomes all Muse customers to join our upcoming pre-release program for a new format that will be introduced this year as part of Adobe Spark. Build a beautiful website—in minutes | Adobe Spark

That being said, I would like to open up this discussion for discussing other solutions and migration paths. It would be ideal if we could focus our efforts on the topic at hand.

Thanks,

Preran

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 2432 Replies 2432
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens to the synced Typekit fonts beyond May 2019 when doing updates - will functionality to that stop too and Muse will revert to the basic fonts within the program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cheeky71, your Typekit license is associated with your Creative Cloud account, so there will be no interruption in service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right. Muse is associated with CC too...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fonts using typekit will be still available according to your license.There is no reason that typekit fonts won't be available any more. This said, if you stop your subscription, the font will fallback to what is available with a free id. I have no idea what fonts will then be available.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are more info here:

https://www.muse-themes.com/blogs/news/the-final-release-of-adobe-muse

and is strange that you can find more answers from "another" company instead the one who create Muse-

anyway

this roadmap was ,for sure, scheduled.

but Adobe seems to do not care at customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the early '90s I have used Adobe products like Photoshop, Illustrator, Distiller, etc and I have always been a customer since. I have seen many apps come and go. Almost all web development tools from Adobe came and went quickly. For Golive I had many third party widgets and after learning all ins- and outs of the program I could make nice websites. Although it wasn't the best app around I didn't want to learn code and coding. It was workable and with some (limited) integration with the other apps from Adobe the way to go. When it was abandoned I wasn't happy to say the least. Now it happens again with Muse.

Over the years Adobe has changed a lot. In my opinion the worst and mayor business decision has been, as far as I can tell, to separate coding and development from the owners and business decision makers in America. Since that time (10-15 years ago) customer support has been terrible, no real involvement and 'ownership' of the products with the coders and developers, poor business planning, lack of feeling with the clients, constantly shifting business focus, etc. It's nice to cut down costs to ship all coding to India but when your business was originated primarely in America it is a real challenge to keep thing together businesswise. Adobe doesn't succeed in this area. This isn't an 'America first' statement. It's a challenge for every business to grow and keep things together. Just to be focused and heading in the same direction.

One other major point was the business takeovers you have done: Aldus, Macromedia and many more. Ok that's basicly business competition. What it has done as a result is that there is no real competition anymore and Adobe has a (certain) monopoly in many areas. There's very little need for excellence anymore.

The last two and a half decades I have seen Adobe shifting away from an enthousiast group of developers and salesmen who where proud of the products they made as a whole. Adobe's product meetings have always been a glimps of the future with driven people who were keen to tell the story and hear from you as a user/customer. Just to make there and to a certain degree my product even better. That's a different feeling from a show and a company that just want's you to buy an upgrade due to a few changes and additions to the existing product.

The inspiring atmosphere at Adobe is long gone. I don't believe your future anymore and with whatever you come up with in terms of products I tend to search elsewere first. I have seen all the new developments the last couple of years. So many new logo's and product names where introduced that I lost overview and asked myself time after time what it had to do with my business. Do I need it? Many seemed pointless without a strategy. Without a relationship with my business. Many developments never saw the light after announcement. Sad but the truth. I know I can't do without Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign. But that's it for me. Adobe isn't the future anymore.

The litany of (short lifecycle) products and business decisions over the years show a company with a few cash cows like Photoshop and no real leadership in terms of customer satisfaction and hardly no strategic knowledge. The Adobe company is just money driven and the true spirit is gone. That makes Adobe is still drifting and letting go Muse is one example of this. So sad...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"and but the truth. I know I can't do without Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign. But that's it for me. Adobe isn't the future anymore." check out affinity photo and affinity designer (and the soon to be released affinity publisher) I think you will be surprised

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im never using any of your aps except ps, indeed ai and prep   again  as i no longer trust you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's true. Time and again we spend countless hours learning these tools and they just dump us. It happened with Fireworks, Reflow, Edge Code etc. We pay to be treated like guinea pigs with software that isn't up to scratch when it's released then, when it's just getting up to standard, we get dumped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.change.org/p/adobe-systems-adobe-do-not-discontinue-muse

Absolute Disgrace!!!!!!!! Sign to get adobe's attention!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

escreveu

https://www.change.org/p/adobe-systems-adobe-do-not-discontinue-muse

Absolute Disgrace!!!!!!!! Sign to get adobe's attention!

Signed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

start a class action maybe adobe will listen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of this reading, what I can see, despite the fact that Adobe really should care about their customers, there are two main options out from some vendors from muse-themes.com and musegrid.com. Others might follow soon with some new.

It is named "Without Code" from muse-themes and "Webflow": Goodbye, Muse​ from musegrid.

Brad Lawryk also suggested wappler.io . It´s in a crowdfunding state right now so let´s see what´s next.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

muse themes sounds like they might have a good alternative

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to know how long have the developers of plugins known because our subscriptions to these plugin makers have been ticking over and many of us have resubscribed for another year of new plugins that are now useless to us????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would hazard a guess of at least 6 months! but I'm sure not all of the third-parties knew.
Muse has at least another good year left in it so the plugins I would imagine still to work... I'm not really sure after that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can you ever ask your loyal customers.... CUSTOMERS....(DON'T FORGET ABOUT WHO PAYS THE BILLS), to test, or try any other applications when you have demonstrated time and time again this unforgivable approach to software.

What do I tell my dozens of clients about their websites now??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. Between the Ps and AI free alternatives...sketch...the recent price increase for cloud members...and now dismissal of Muse...i see no reason to continue using adobe products. They better step it WAY UP with XD and FAST. Spark looks like garbage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just go to affinity. Leave the subscription fees behind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Affinity.  They are fabulous alternatives to Photoshop and Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Affinity have an InDesign alternative coming closer to the end of 2018 too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditch PS, Illustrator and Indesign and switch to Affinity. Adobe are untrustworthy. Adobe Spark - yeah right how long til that gets shelved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree 100%! The "let it die" worst case scenarion of "Edge Animate" convinced me ... negative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines