Exit

Photoshop CC - EXPORT - RENDER VIDEO issue, screenshots included

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2014 Jun 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot1.jpgscreenshot2.jpg

Hi there,

I´ve created a 25seconds long video in Photoshop CC. When I tried to export it, after I hit Export-Render Video, no dialog box open, it only shows progress bar sayin: Initializing Video Export" and there it stops. My Photoshop and Pc are working fine, nothing is frozen. Im using Windows 8. How can I fix this issue?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Zdenka

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2014 Jun 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That usually means some external process or security setting is blocking the required components, so turn off your Virus scanner and firewall and make sure that e.g. Adobe Media Encoder is actually installed correctly.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2014 Jun 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mylenium, thank you for your reply, I think the problem may be in Adobe Media Encoder - I get this message - Adobe Media Encoder CC 7.2 Update

Installation failed. Error Code: U44M2P7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 06, 2014 Aug 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sometimes get this problem then if I kill Photoshop and try again everything goes smoothly and it renders.  There is something wrong in Photoshop video rendering module - when it fails it seems to get in an endless goto loop or so I guess as it is only using one of the eight cores and hyperthreads available to it, when working properly it uses all eight.  Exactly the same file with exactly the same edits hang without even getting to the stage you illustrate, hang as you illustrate, open the render box and then hang rendering or renders the video perfectly.  Something needs investigating by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2015 Jun 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on mac and have experienced the dreaded Photoshop CS6 'Initializing Video Export" problem when it stops/stalls. Very frustrating.

I upgraded my operating software to OS X Yosemite and also my Font management software (Suitcase Fusion 6) and the issue disappeared. I have no firewalls – just a home computer. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2016 Apr 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me as well in just installed updated adobe cc suite.

Some times it works and some times it is stuck like that.

Any one has any solution to it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, it always stuck. I cannot "render video" at all - Photoshop just freezes. That is why I am trying to find a way to convert image sequence to any video format.

That is why I am trying to find a way to convert image sequence to any video format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2017 Sep 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everybody!

I am just facing a problem in photoshop when I try to render a video  a pop-up window come up and it says exporting image sequences but I have actually created a video timeline. I am facing this problem from the start.

my photoshop version is Cc 2017.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2017 Sep 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi whiteboard animator.

In the Render video dialogue did you choose Adobe Media Encoder or Photoshop Image Sequence (you want the former for a video format output)?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get the render video dialogue to even come up in order to choose Media Encoder. Still stuck on "Initializing Video Export".

Mac OSX 10.13.1 Photoshop CC 2018 v.19.0

Nicholas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Nicholas and everyone,

Initially I had the same issue on my Mac when I updated to MacOS High Sierra.

Windows version works fine.

So after some digging I found one solution.

Create a new Mac User account under System Preferences.

If I find any more solution I'll try to post it here.

Cheers

Ed !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I would have to do all video rendering in another account on my Mac for this feature? Why would this be? It's not plausible for the workflow to have another user account for rendering video. What problem is solved when we open up a new profile that cannot be solved under the initial user account?

Thanks for the response.

Nicholas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tips:

> Finish you job and save your PSD file

> If you try to render a video PS will crash

> Before this try disable timeline view (window > timeline)

> If the steps above don't work, force quit and open the file again. Try to export.

> Try disable the use of your graphic processor (preferences > performance)

> Try to export.

Some of this things should work.

Good Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2023 Oct 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The same issue with my computer. It is only a 5 second video, one photo, pan and zoom effect. I was able to convert to mp4 in 41 seconds using Adobe Media Encoder. Save Psd file and open Adobe Media Encoder software, Open psd file in Adobe Media Encoder, move psd to queue (Drag and Drop) press play green arrow and it converted to MP4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines