Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hand tool effect when I want to draw vertically

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Since a few time, when I want to draw ON A ZOOMED document, I move it, as the hand tool.

1- It works principaly on vertical strokes, but sometimes with horizontal too.

2- I 'm on Window 10

3- I changed my tablet from an intuo 3 to an Intuo Pro, deleting all the drivers, installing new ones (the problem appeared with the old one)

4- I desinstalled Photoshop et reinstalled it without keeping the preference

5- No Problems on Illustrator

6- It worked well before, and suddenly not...A problem of update of photoshop or the last update of Windows 10?

7-sorry fro my english

Thank you ^^

Franck

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

It's a know problem that is affecting a lot of people.  As far as I know, your options are to roll back the latest Windows 10 update, but there is also a possibility it is linked to the Windows Ink API.  If you are using Windows Ink, try turning it off and using WinTab

Tablet support for Photoshop on Windows 8

Note, you'll obviously need to change the folder hierarchy to CC 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have not provided any actual useful details like exact system info, hardware acceleration settings and so on, so nobody can really tell you much. Start by checking your graphics driver and updating it as wel las checking the PS GPU preferences.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a know problem that is affecting a lot of people.  As far as I know, your options are to roll back the latest Windows 10 update, but there is also a possibility it is linked to the Windows Ink API.  If you are using Windows Ink, try turning it off and using WinTab

Tablet support for Photoshop on Windows 8

Note, you'll obviously need to change the folder hierarchy to CC 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for your answers^^

Problem resolved! Yes it's a problem between the Window "ink" drawing system and Wacom.

Very simple: uncheck the use of the window handwriting system by the tablet (screenshot..in french, but you will recognize the menu^^)screenshot01.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

arf...in fact nothing resolved.

When you uncheck this option, you loose the pressure detection on Photoshop...

And other methodes: GPedit, Regedit..etc...don't work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At least! IT WORKS! ^^

I just uninstalled the last Windows 10 update (2018-03 Mise à jour cumulative pour Windows 10 Version 1709 pour les systèmes x64 (KB4089848)).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines