• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Classic CC doesn't show Adobe Raw after DNG files are imported in v7.3

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As everybody already knew, the new version started rolling out for CC members. I'm one of the members, and successfully upgraded the software on my mac. However, after I imported my DNG files taken with my HTC Android device, on the Profiles area it only shows Modernity, Vintage, B&W, and Artistic. As to the corresponding new functions such as Adobe Raw, Camera Match, and Legacy didn't show up. The same thing happened within my mobile app even if I was editing a DNG file. Is this supposed to happen? If so, how can I solve the problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the HTC embed the camera model in the exif info?

See example below for iPhone 7 for which I get all the raw profiles.

MetIphone.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, from what I see here, I don't have so much info as yours, but it does specify HTC in "make" and "model" area. Where's the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The absence of Adobe Raw, Camera Match, and Legacy is likely due to Adobe not having created any camera specific profiles for your phone.

Did you have any before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so...it's highly possible that Adobe doesn't create the profile based on this model or manufacturer? that's really sad to hear...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe needs the manufacturer to provide profiles in order to create a camera matching set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jeffreymais  wrote

so...it's highly possible that Adobe doesn't create the profile based on this model or manufacturer? that's really sad to hear...

There are no profiles for any HTC phone! The only phones or tablets that Adobe includes profiles for are those from Apple and Samsung.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OMG It's true! Catering to only these two manufacturers is really weird, since there are multiple brands that produces way much better photos than these 2. Is there any way I can ask for help, like including the raw profiles from other brands such as HTC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines