• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot update Photoshop in closed proxy environment

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to be able to update photoshop (Adobe Photoshop CC 19.1.1) in a closed proxy environment (i.e. our firewall blocks all traffic that does not pass through the proxy). When attempting to update the software via the GUI I see an error stating that it is not possible to connect to Adobe Servers. There is nothing of interest in the proxy log files, which leads me to believe that photoshop for whatever reason is bypassing the proxy (i.e. ignoring local proxy settings) and is trying to update directly to external Adobe servers. As a matter of fact, when I open up the firewall to allow the client to connect directly to the internet (with proxy settings still in place) Adobe Photoshop is able to update normally. Leaving the firewall open like this obviously is not a long-term solution. Is there any way to force photoshop to update via a proxy server?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Where I work we also use a proxy and have no issue updating Adobe apps via the creative cloud app

Not sure if this will help but might be worth a look at

Proxy support in Adobe Creative Cloud Products

Also this thread

Creative Cloud & authenticating proxies?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will attempt some of the things suggested in the threads and documentation that you posted and reply back later with the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines