• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade to LR 7.3 now causes dng access issues and crashes

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morning All, I have just upgraded my CC photographers plan. PS, LR and ACR are now all up to date. First run of the LR update resulted in a crash before I could see what happened. Ran it again and crashed again. So, this time I had an error message and crash report so sent them to Adobe. LR then started on the 3rd attempt but with the error message in the attachment of a dng access error. The message was as follows

"AgNegativeStyleManager_New Exception Thrown: <AgErrorID? dng_error_access_denied</AgErrorID?

LR continued to load and I could see folders in the library module. Clicked on a folder and saw a 3 month old shoot. Selected an image in the thumbnail but the screen displayed another of the images. It wouldn't update my clicking on the thumbnail bar to the same in the navigator or main window.

Ok, so I shut everything down and rebooted.

Starting LR again, I again got the dng access error but LR continued to start. Selecting different folders I find some folders do as I described above but it would eventually synch correctly, others act normally. The one that do have the problem, now also has errors appearing when zooming that say There was an error working with this photo. If I click on an image which has this problem and then go to the develop module the main window is blank, the navigator and thumbnail bar shows the thumbnail and a message appears at the top of the main window saying that File access was denied.

All of my images are dngs with embedded colour profiles from my custom camera calibration via my colour passport.

I do daily backups of my catalog and haven't created an new backup with this issue yet.

I then thought to use Bridge and ACR. I opened bridge, navigated to the same folder that was causing issues to find all of the previews greyed out. I selected 1 image to open and Bridge crashed and offered a crash report which I sent.

All of this ONLY occurred after upgrading to the new versions of the CC apps PS, LR Bridge, ACR.

Any thoughts?

System details

Windows: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64Bit

Ram: 64 GB

Motherboard: ASUS X99 Deluxe USB 3.1

CPU Info: Intel Core i7 5930K

Display Adapters: Leadtek NVIDIA Quadro K2200 4 Gb Workstation Card

Display Adaptor Driver: 353.82

Monitors: 2x; NEC MultiSync LCD2690WUXi2 1920 x 1200 via Dvi, Eizo CG277 2560 x 1440 via Displayport,

Calibrator X-Rite i1 Photo Pro2

Hard Disks:

C: 1 Tb Samsung 850 SSD for Programs

D: Asus BW 16D1HT Pro Blu-Ray Writer

E: 500Gb Samsung 850 SSD for Lightroom Catalog

F: 120Gb Samsung 850 SSD for Win10 and Adobe Swapfiles

W: 4 x 4 Gb WD Red HDs in Raid 1 + 0  8Tb size for Data

I have attempted to load screenshots but this message wouldn't load PNG, Jpg or Gif format images at 800x800.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If camera raw also crashes I would suspect a problem with either read permissions on the images or some sort of file corruption so I would check that first. If that is OK you might try sharing one of the offending images here through a dropbox (or similar) link so others can test whether this is a general problem with certain kinds of dng files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just gotten home so I fired the PC up and the same issue is occurring. I selected an image on my W raid drive, copied it over to my main drive and tried opening the dng with PS. The copy seemed to go fine BUT ps crashed. I sent off a crash report. I then tried importing the copied file at its new location. The import seemed to go ago and then the following error message appeared which I have posted in the attachment. I also grabbed the properties of the file at the same time. As I say, moving the file seemed to cause no issues...

I have uploaded a representative image if people wish to see. The image should have an embedded custom camera profile created by the passport software. It is dual illuminant in case that is a factor. I am wondering if this is a factor since the profiles have been moved and changed in this release. I embed my custom profile in the dng. Can people see the profile?

A link to my DNG with custom Camera Profile

If it is a file permissions issue, could it somehow be related to the following issue I posted about in LuLa a few months ago here LuLa Thread I had on file permissions and issues resolving them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing any problems or crashing which suggests it could be a hardware issue. The photo was edited using process version 3; so you could update to P/V 4 (current) in Camera Calibration to see if that makes any difference.

DNGsample.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to make any changes on the image in LR CC. If I zoom in on PV4 edited images before the upgrade, I now get a File Access was Denied error message...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m having no problems using the sliders with your image or zooming 1:1

Could it be a permissions issue?

Dose the folder & partition have read & write access?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several months ago I posted in here re file permission issues I was having. I also posted the following on Luminous Landscape forums here http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=120830.0
At the bottom of page 2 is the result. It took around 3 months to resolve. I wonder if this update returned the file permissions issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The linked dng file works perfectly fine in Classic, Lightroom CC, and camera raw in Photoshop. It's clearly not the file or Lightroom but something hardware related on your computer or a system misconfiguration which could be permissions related. Very hard to tell from a distance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The following did the trick for me. LR, Bridge, ACR and PS are now working as they should.

This comes from the following Adobe Help File. Troubleshoot unexpected behaviour in user accounts

5. Reset the access settings on the account-specific application data folders.

Complete this task only if the account that you are troubleshooting is an administrator account and is not on a network domain.

Account-specific errors can occur if the account doesn't have full read/write access to the folders with the Adobe application preferences files and account-specific data files. You can use the icacls command to reset the access settings. Do the following:

Close all applications.

Choose Start > All Programs > Accessories. Right-click Command Prompt and choose Run As Administrator. A command-line window opens.

In the command-line window, type each of the following commands exactly as they appear below. Press Enter after each command.

Important: Type a space before and after each of the switches -- /T, /C, and /grant -- in every command.

icacls "%userprofile%\AppData\Local" /T /C /grant "%username%":F

icacls "%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming" /T /C /grant "%username%":F

icacls "%userprofile%\AppData\Local" /T /C /grant system:F

icacls "%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming" /T /C /grant system:F

Close the command-line window.

Open the Adobe application and try to reproduce the issue.

I did and this solution worked!!

What I find interesting is that this issue occurred when I upgraded from 7.1 to 7.2. Now from 7.2 to 7.3 the same issue occurred. I wonder if this is something specific to my machine or something with a wider impact?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines