• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edits from Elements not showing in Lightroom catalog

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to edit some pictures that are in my Lightroom catalog in Elements. While in lightroom I am choosing to edit a copy in Elements 18. After I make my edits in Elements I choose save (not save as). When I close Elements and go back to lightroom I see that there is a copy of the photo there, but my edits are not showing up. I finally found that all of my edited pictures are being saved in my pictures folder (in the correct folder) but not in my lightroom catalog. What setting do I have incorrect? Thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Elements behaves a bit differently to Photoshop CC.

-After editing in PSE, press Ctrl + W

-In Save Changes - click Yes

-In the Save As dialog box click on the Save button (don’t touch the file name which may have Edit appended)

-When you see a message that this file already exists, click Yes – this will overwrite the LR rendered export and update the Library grid.

It’s also worth checking preferences (external editing tab) to ensure you are rendering an 8 bit PSD or tiff file. The Elements editor ha

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Elements behaves a bit differently to Photoshop CC.

-After editing in PSE, press Ctrl + W

-In Save Changes - click Yes

-In the Save As dialog box click on the Save button (don’t touch the file name which may have Edit appended)

-When you see a message that this file already exists, click Yes – this will overwrite the LR rendered export and update the Library grid.

It’s also worth checking preferences (external editing tab) to ensure you are rendering an 8 bit PSD or tiff file. The Elements editor has limited functionality with 16 bit images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines