• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Modifying the Captivate Word template

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2006 Jul 28, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings! I'm trying to create a storyboard template using Captivate's Publish to Word feature. I've tried modifying the Captivate.dot template, but I am only able to modify the header and footer. I need to modify the size of the slide image and create color blocks for different attributes of a storyboard (text captions, voiceover information, action notes, other image information, associated files, etc).

It seems that the coding for the slide image size and text caption/slide notes placement falls on the Captivate side of the river, not the Word side. How can I modify this code? Is there a helper file that I can modify?

Any help is much appreciated!
dana
SrndptyGddss
TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 01, 2006 Aug 01, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. I think this mod has been tried, over the years, by some of the best, without success.

On the bright side, please accept a warm welcome to your Captivate User Community!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2006 Aug 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dana (aka SrndptyGddss),

Greetings from a fellow newbie so to speak.

Anyhow, I've been working with Captivate for a wfew months now and it seems like you can edit your storyboard in word. Since it won't allow you to change the coding size, it seems like you need to format it entirely in word (other than the header/footer). And word doesn't give you the option to "apply the settings to all images." But formatting the pictures one at a time is something I've been diong. So yeah...not too much help other than a hello. Haha.

Cheers,
stargirl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It inhibits time to market. Would be fantastic if we could modify the storyboard template. Will save a lot of time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Captivate 9 you can find the templates at C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 9 x64\Gallery\PrintOutput, but if you figure out how to create a usable template, please share!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources