• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop wont open files anymore

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im working with an old version of photoshop (7. Yes, i know, most of us dont have cars that old) and it was working just fine, when out of the hlue it started to be unable to open certain files. The program opens up fine enough, and i can start a new document easy enough, however existing PSD, JPG and PNG files will not open - the program freezes, and needs to be forc closed from the task manager.

tried reinstalling, problem still persists.
Anyone else ever had this happen?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Hi

Have you tried resetting PS preferences, I'm assuming PS7 lets you reset this way

To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut: Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Have you tried resetting PS preferences, I'm assuming PS7 lets you reset this way

To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut: Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What have you done for trouble-shooting so far?

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

at first i tried what i thought to be the obivous, a fresh install, but when that didnt take i asked our IT guys to have a look, they couldnt find a problem, and then my boss simply got to me work with CC on a remote desktop connection

i had actually completely forgotten about the problem until another similar problem with Autocad propped up and the autodesk community provided some solutions, thought id try here.
Resetting the preferences worked perfectly, no more having to wrangle a remote desktop connection from others in the office. Though those new features were pretty sexy........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And on a general note: Photoshop 7 was not a bad, but obviously significant new features have been introduced since it has become obsolete.

And when one decides to stick with obsolete software one should make sure one is able to roll back any and all software and hardware updates in case they »break« the set-up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that worked instantly, thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines