• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A low-level exception occurred in: Dip to White

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing the lastest version of Premiere Pro CC, now I get an error when I use the Dip to White transition effect.

Can anybody help me??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

There were fixes made to Dip to Black/White transitions in the 12.1.2 update (just released) that should address this issue.

More information on fixed issues and new functionality:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/fixed-issues.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/whats-new.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. Now after choosing my export settings again, on the bottom there is the "use previews" box, I checked it this time and it seems to be working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dip to white seems to working just fine here on windows.

Using previews is only usefull if the export codec is the same as the preview codec.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using previews is only usefull if the export codec is the same as the preview codec.

I would disagree with that.  I think using previews is only justified if the preview codec is of sufficient quality.  You'd not want to use MPEG2 previews (the most common option) for exporting, even when exporting to MPEG2.

On the other hand, using Cineform previews when exporting to H.264 is fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and I stock in exporting my footage with dip to white effects

Many issues occur since adobe start updating premiere

any =ones know how to resolve the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KilakDiseño,

Dip to White has been reengineered for this version. Is this a new project or an updated one? If it's the latter, I can see why you might be having trouble. Try again in a brand new project and see if it works for you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for the reply

that was the last one

the problem still the same. however, I realised that when I remove my audio

file some of the errors will be gone and there is less crash but my video

does not have audio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that. Be sure to file your issues with us here: Premiere Pro: Hot (883 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same problem, with old and new projects,

it's driving me crazy !

Please Adobe Staff, help us !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be possible to supply us with your Project and files that will reproduce this issue?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those experiencing this issue, we have found a reproducible case and wanted to verify if this is what you are also doing. We are investigating an issue where the Renderer is set to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only and Maximum Bit Depth is checked. e.g.:

1) Go to File menu > Project Settings > General > Video Rendering and Playback > set Renderer: to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only. Click OK.

2) Add Dip to White or Dip to Black Transition to a file in the Timeline Sequence.

3) In Sequence Settings or Export Settings, check the checkbox for Maximum Bit Depth/Render at Maximum Depth.

4) Render preview or Export Media.

Please let us know if this is also what you are doing or if you have a different case to reproduce.

Possible workarounds are to set Renderer: to CUDA or OpenCL or Metal (Mac). If you need to use Renderer: Software Only, you could try unchecking Maximum Bit Depth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes these are the same settings I am using but still have trouble exporting, the dip to black transition being the error

I have no option to select CUDA or OpenCL as the renderer so still looking for a fix for this on windows.

Please can you help with this fix, hoping to get this project exported asap.

Thanks,

Ryan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your Renderer: is set to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only, then select your Sequence tab in the Timeline, then go to Sequence menu > Sequence Settings and uncheck Maximum Bit Depth. Save and Quit. Relaunch Premiere.

Select your Sequence and bring up the Export Settings, select the Video tab and uncheck Render at Maximum Bit Depth. Does your export now complete without issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes those settings worked, thanks very much.

Ryan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear this worked for you. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were fixes made to Dip to Black/White transitions in the 12.1.2 update (just released) that should address this issue.

More information on fixed issues and new functionality:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/fixed-issues.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/whats-new.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same low-level exception issue, but with Dip to Black. I unchecked "Render at Maximum Bit Depth" and then it was happy. No more error. This error occurred in Premiere Pro CC version 12.1.1 on Windows 10. Then updated to the latest version, went back and exported the same sequence with "Render at Maximum Bit Depth" turned back on, and yeah looks like Adobe fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines