• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not enough detail in zoom mode after update

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if someone has the same problem as I do.

When I'm zooming in on a photo, in develop and library mode, the zoomed photo doesn't resolve enough. If I export the photo to a JPEG the problem has gone.
I just updated Lightroom CC classic to the latest version 7.3.

I'm using a Sony A7RIII and shoot in compressed raw. But in the former version I didn't have this problem.
For the record, I do have the problem with original files, but also with converted DNG files.

I'm curious if I'm the only one?

The upper is the exported photo and screenshoot in PS.
The lower is the screenshot from the zoomed image in LR CC classic.

Schermafbeelding 2018-04-05 om 14.25.11.pngSchermafbeelding 2018-04-05 om 14.22.11.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are different zoom ratios. Fit, Fill, 1:16-1:2, 1:1 - 11:1.

Which one is LR set to. Whichever is selected last will be the default when zooming out then back in. Even if it is set to 1:16 Clicking on the image or pressing the Z key will take you from Fit to 1:16 which is much smaller that Fit.

Fit.

Fit.PNG

1:16

1-16.PNG

1:1

1-1.PNG

11:1

11-1.PNG

You can set that with the Zoom slider in the Tool Bar area or in the Navigator section of the left hand side panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you for this kind answer. But It doesn't have anything to do with the magnification ratio, it happens in al different ratio's. LR doesn't resolve to the maximum details when it zooms in from 1:1 to whatever magnification. For the record I'm a experienced LR user since LR 2.
I give you another example. But now LR 7.3 in 1:2 zoomed ration next the 1:2 ratio in Apple preview from the exported photo (JPG).Schermafbeelding 2018-04-05 om 18.15.07.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using a Smart Preview version of your photo, available resolution on screen is reduced I believe. Might that be it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not using smart previews, so that isn't the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines