• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Filters is not Working when Catalog is open in another computer.

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi people!

I was working on my Macbook pro, on Lightroom Classic CC 7.0.1 and using Color Filters on my pictures (Like green, for example), and everything was pretty cool.
Then I need to open the same Catalog ( all the files it's on my external hd) in another Macbook (on Lightroom Classic CC 7.0.1 Also!) and all the "Color Filters" that I did, were missing!

So I try to make some new color filters on this new computer and for my surprise, when I return to the first Macbook/Lightroom it doesn't see them also

MBP1.jpg

MBP2.jpg

BTW, Star Rating Filter is working pretty fine!

Anyone has any idea what is happening?!

Thank you a lot!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

As I am on a trip with only my iPad, I can't show you a screenshot. But here are the instructions: How to flag, label, and rate photos in Lightroom Classic CC

It's probably just a matter of choosing the same preset on the second computer in 'Metadata - Color Label Set'

If you need to edit a set, scroll down almost to the bottom of the page:

Edit color label sets

You can assign names to color labels in the Edit Color Label Set dialog box. The name is then added to the photo’s metadata when you apply

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the menu for the labels. The names of the labels need to be exactly the same on both computers, because that is how color labels are stored. So if a red label is called 'Red' on one computer, but 'HDR' on the other for example, then the red labels will not carry over.

It might be just a matter of changing the label preset on the second computer.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, thank you for your reply!

An then,... sorry for the dummie question, but, how can I change the "Color Labels" name?

Isn't it an Adobe default setting?

I do found on Lightroom Preferences how to change main Language of LR, but the Color Labels still in the older language (Portuguese).

Captura de Tela 2018-04-05 às 15.36.20.png

What I am doing wrong?!

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I am on a trip with only my iPad, I can't show you a screenshot. But here are the instructions: How to flag, label, and rate photos in Lightroom Classic CC

It's probably just a matter of choosing the same preset on the second computer in 'Metadata - Color Label Set'

If you need to edit a set, scroll down almost to the bottom of the page:

Edit color label sets

You can assign names to color labels in the Edit Color Label Set dialog box. The name is then added to the photo’s metadata when you apply the label.

• In the Library module, choose Metadata > Color Label Set > Edit.

• In the Edit Color Label Set dialog box, type a name next to a color.

• (Optional) Choose Save Current Setting As New Preset from the Preset menu, type a name in the Preset Name text box, and then click Create.

• Click Change.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much!

It helped me a lot!
Now, everything is working fine on both computers!

You Rock!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines