• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Healing brush and clone tool neither one are working. I have restarted Photoshop and I still cannot use either tool I am on an iMac with High Sierra.

Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to have started consistently since the new update.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Yes I do, I have been working in Photoshop for over 15 years.  I finally got thru to support and they made some changes in the preferences and removed a couple folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you perhaps explain what you mean by 'not working'? Some screenshots are always helpful as well.

Not working can mean a lot of things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to use the tools nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a Mac with High Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both the Healing Brush and the Clone tool require a Source sample before the change can be applied to the Target area. After choosing either one of those tools do you hold down the Option key and select a Source area first?

If you do and the tools don't function properly, reset the tools. With the tool chosen right click in on the tool in the far left of the Options bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I do, I have been working in Photoshop for over 15 years.  I finally got thru to support and they made some changes in the preferences and removed a couple folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's good news! Could you be more specific about the changes made so that in the future we could advise others who run into the same problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe they removed the plist file from the Library and tweaked preferences.  Since they did this I have only lost the tools use once, but was able to get it back with a restart of Photoshop.  Before it was a constant loss of use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines