• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tool for finding shots for an overcut / restoration etc.

Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We regularly reassemble /overcut older works.   There are a number valid reasons to do this. 

A specific example is a documentary film, with interviews shot on film, but where the final version of the documentary feature was edited / assembled in SD (as was the spec at the time).

We now have HD transfers of these original interviews, and are using them to create a new, HD version of the documentary feature. 

It takes a great deal of time to comb through the raw interview footage to find the specific shots used in the final production, and we have experimented with a number of techniques to make it go more quickly. 

So my question is this: given advances in software's ability to match images (and sound for that matter)  ...think TinEye  reverse image lookup, or even Shazam, I would think that someone might have created a plugin etc. that can take an image (or short clip) and search for it in a designated bin of footage, even though things like resolution, time-code, frame rates, etc. have no relation to one another.

I am hoping that the answer is "Moron! It's already in Premiere...go to File>>> etc etc", but I fear I am condemned to hours of looking at all the footage to fine the small bits that made in.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ned Suohevets,

Maybe you can look into technology by Nexidia?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines