• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presets Need Major Tweaking

Contributor ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe someday these new presets will be good but right now, it appears Adobe needed to spend a lot more time testing them.

Working Scenario: B&W > BW High Contrast ... Then Vignette > Heavy

Botched Scenario: B&W > BW Sepia Tone ... Then Vignette > Heavy

In this scenario, LR throws out the Sepia Tone and applies the Vignette to the original color image.

This is just one example. Across the board, the presets are not allowing me to build up presets as before.

(Windows 7:)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No answer for you, no solution either. I had just a few presets that I had created that I occasionally used. But now I'm saddled with all these new presets that have pushed my presets way down the list and I have to scroll every time I want to use the ones I want. So now it's just easier to do it manually. I guess I'll just forget about presets altogether. For me, it's just easier that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you right-click each desired preset and 'Add to Favorites', the presets will then be at the top of the list in a "Favorites" group.

Not an ideal solution, and somewhat laborious, but it works for me as a workaround for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had not seen that feature. Thanks for the tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Camera Raw 10.3 now allows the user to manage their presets and profiles. Therefore, I think it reasonable to presume that the ability to do the same in Lightroom Classic will feature in a future update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines