• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects file will not open with ITC Officina Serif/Sans

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to AE CC18 and when opening a AE CS6 file with ITC Officina Serif/Sans, dialogue box comes up with missing font. The fonts (serif and sans) are open, they work with InDesign, Illustrator, Premier, Photoshop and every other package...driving me crazy, its a font I use all the time. It's a legal font not a dodgy one.

Thanks

M.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing is happening to me with "Gotham" and the entire Gotham family. I've been chasing it around all day. Similarly, I can use the font in any other program.

EDIT: I take this back. I CANNOT open the font in Premiere, either. Only Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha!  You got sucked into getting the latest update to CC 2018, huh? 

Well, the geniuses at Adobe broke the ability to read certain Postscript typefaces.  No word on a fix yet -- they're still scratching their heads over exactly what they did to break it.

The only good way to get them to work -- revert to an earlier version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave...got suckered in, like many, couldn't reinstall CS6 on High Sierra...hope they fix the code, this may cause problems with clients.

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless your clients send you AE project files in this most up-to-date CC 2018 version, I don't see why you couldn't use CC 2017... which works on High Sierra.

That's what I use -- I stay a version behind to avoid bugs & bad surprises.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, just wondering if going back a version solved your problem?  Currently stuck on a project that uses this font!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines