• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating an interactive Table Of Contents pdf

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a PDF manual comprised of documents from other sources. I am now trying to create a Table Of Contents page for this manual so the user can click on the subject in the Table Of Contents and be taken directly to the document they need. When I create the link from the Table Of Content to the first page of the document then try to use that link, it does not bring up the page. Can anyone help me with figuring out why the link isn't working?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you create the link? What happens when you click it, exactly?

If you're interested, I've developed a tool that will automatically create such a TOC for you, based on the bookmarks in the file, with clickable links, page numbers and everything else you might need. You can find it here: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat -- Create Table Of Contents (TOC) in a PDF file from Bookmarks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I click on the link nothing happens. Adobe Support had sent me an How To article. The interactive pdf.'s that I have seen and used that were created by someone else, did not show thumbnail bookmarks. All I saw was the Table Of Contents. I have seen tutorials using InDesign from the Adobe website, but there has to be a way to create it without buying more software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a bit confused. How, and where, did you create the link? Can you share a sample file (via Dropbox, Google Drive, Adobe Cloud, etc. )?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBw5Y8C03zc this is what I followed and after creating the link, I tried to use it and it did not do anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you exit edit mode before clicking the link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning try67,

I did exit the edit mode before trying the link. I even redid my steps according to the You Tube video I watched yesterday to be sure. I still have the same problem, when I click on the document name in the Table Of Contents that I created, it does not bring up the document. It just remains on the Table Of Contents page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try linking to another file, or within the same file itself?

It would be easier if you could share the file with us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Here is the file. Sorry for the delay. Thanks for sticking with me on this one.

Jen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't attach it. Use something like Dropbox, Google Drive, Adobe Cloud,

etc., and post the link to it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t understand what link I am supposed to post in the e-mail. I am limited in my skills and trying to learn as quickly as I can.

Jen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you upload the file to one of these sites you generate a share link and then post that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the link: https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0PmwpwE2a3b_j29AQdLq67j7g#2018_MSDS_PDF_INTERACTIVE_MANUAL_-_EXPLOSIVES.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jen, you shared the file with an email address that none of us can access:

2018-04-04_14-16-48.png

You either need to share it publicly so that we can access it, or you can share it using Adobe's Document Cloud:

Share Documents via Adobe's Document Cloud - KHKonsulting LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I sent it correctly but not sure. Let me know.

Thanks,

Jen Heisel

Administrative Assistant

1265 Russet Court | Green Bay, WI 54313

T (920) 494-0224 | F (920) 494-4473

skronschnabel@stieglerco.com<mailto:skronschnabel@stieglerco.com>

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended addressee and have received this email in error, please reply to the sender to inform them of this fact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Karl,

Last week I resent the information, hoping you would be able to access it. I did not hear back from anyone. Should I go to the Adobe website and put in a new request for help? Please advise.

Thanks,

Jen Heisel

Administrative Assistant

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended addressee and have received this email in error, please reply to the sender to inform them of this fact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had sent off a reply last week but did not hear back. Should I start over with sending in a request for help? Please advise.

Thanks,

Jen Heisel

Administrative Assistant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines