Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Silent install for Captivate 4

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2009 Feb 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I have tried to use the KB 325175 and apply the same command line used in Captivate 3 to the new Captivate 4:

setup.exe /s /v"/qn SERIALNUMBER=\"xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\" ALLUSERS=1 REBOOT=ReallySuppress"

However, I got full user interface and it stopped on the screen asking me for the serial number. Is there a way to install Adobe Captivate 4 silently without any user interaction and what are the new command line switches?

Thank you so much,
Peter
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please don't post the same issue in more than a single forum category. This practice is called cross-posting and is spelled out in the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Please direct any replies to the thread where the question first appeared. You may do so by clicking here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize.
Since I have not received any reply in one day, I thought, I have posted in a wrong forum.
Point taken. In future, which forum should be best for posting automatic deployment / distribution questions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hey there

No need for apologies. We just like to keep the threads clean so that someone with an issue doesn't come looking and nobody is around to answer the question. They scan a few threads where others asked the same thing. But if most of the threads were just dangling threads asking the same question with no answer, they may grow frustrated and give up before finally finding the magickal thread where a reply that solved the issue was offered.

Generally, most of the folks here are pretty good at picking up on a thread even if it's not really in what one may think is a proper category. Your issue may need to be sent to Adobe for an answer because Captivate 4 is so new. Maybe it's a bug we are seeing and it should work as it did in version 3. I dunno. Only Adobe can answer that.

Perhaps try reporting it as an issue via the wish form?
Click here to view the WishForm/Bug Reporting Form

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources