• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Glossary Content

Enthusiast ,
Feb 03, 2009 Feb 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of our customers cannot see the glossary information in his Glossary tab on one of his computers. However, he has other computers that he can view it on, so I think it's something on that particular system that makes it not work. What are the requirements to get it to show? Thanks a bunch!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2009 Feb 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jared

I'm assuming you are talking CHM output here.

You need to give them the HHActiveX.dll file. Then they need to register it on their system.

Check the help for information on how to get it registered. I think you click Start > Run and type something like regsvr32 (path and file name) and some other parameter.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 04, 2009 Feb 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick. I'll give that a try. Do you know if this DLL gets registered automatically as part of Internet Explorer 7? The computers the customer has with IE 7 installed on it don't seem to have this problem. But the computer with the problem only had IE 6 did. However, I tested it on a system with IE 6 but could still see the contents. I wonder if that DLL somehow got unregistered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jared

The .DLL is specific to RoboHelp, not IE. One has to specifically register the DLL and there is nothing to my knowledge that an IE upgrade or downgrade would do to change that.

My thought here is that where things are functioning, the PC has had the DLL registered properly in the past. Where it isnt' working, the DLL has never been registered. Maybe it was a new PC or one that had the drive formatted and Windows reinstalled. Or even Windows rolled back to a restore point prior to having the DLL registered.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Interesting. I don't think we've ever actually registered this DLL file as part of our installation, yet this is the first complaint in probably 5 years I've received about the glossary tab not containing info. I suspect most of our are getting this DLL registered on their systems from help files in other Apps that were also created using RH. Thanks for the info!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp