• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Legacy Lightroom not loading on new computer

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I first loaded LR on my new computer, it would crash every 2nd or 3rd time I tried to go from the Library module to the Develop module.  After I downloaded the DGN converter for my Panasonic Lumix G9, it won’t complete the initial load at all, it loads about 1/2 the initial screen, then just goes into the busy icon and eventually announces it’s not responding, every single time.  I deleted and reinstalled the software several times with no change.

Do to problems with my old computer, I wasn’t able to do a smooth transfer, but loaded presets and preferences file by file.

Suggestions? 

Thanks, Larry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may help:

http://lightroom-blog.com/2015/05/19/turning-off-lightrooms-gpu-preferences-even-when-crashing-on-st...

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Afraid not, I found the change they suggested, but no change to LR.  I  can see my personalized plate and the library/develop/print bar, but the catalog won't load.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the exact version number of your operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're seeing the identity plate, surely that means you've an empty catalog open?

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there are no right and left columns, the 'busy' pointer never stops and you can see (not responding) in the upper left corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it would crash every 2nd or 3rd time I tried to go from the Library module to the Develop module.

Troubleshooting guide for errors that can occur when you change modules in Lightroom

Legacy Lightroom

Which Version NUMBER are you using?  Check in the Menu: Help>System Info

I downloaded the DNG converter for my Panasonic Lumix G9, it won’t complete the initial load at all,

The converter is a separate program to convert proprietary raw files to DNG and enable their import into any version of LR.

What do you mean by "it won't complete..." ?  Are you talking about a DNG conversion, or a LR Import?

I deleted and reinstalled the software several times with no change.

Which software?  Lightroom?  or the Converter?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check in the Menu: Help>System Info

Heh, I would do that if it would load, but it won't, that's the problem.  It's LR6.

It's LR that won't load, the DNG converter seems fine, although I've only run it once.  I only brought it up because it went from multiple crashes (LR) to not loading at all (LR) after I downloaded the DNG converter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operating system do you use? Windows or MacOS? Please post the exact version number.

Do you have installed the latest version of Lightroom 6, it's 6.14. You'll find it here: Download Photoshop Lightroom

Axel

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's windows 10 home version 1703.  I ran updates before it stopped loading, but now I can't get into it to see what version of LT I have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From my past experiences with problems I can suggest the following steps:

1) Save your catalog to a secure location.

2) Deinstall  Lightroom

3) Download and run the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to remove all Adobe 'stuff'.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

4) Download the installation files and the latest update of Lightroom (Download Photoshop Lightroom )

5) Install Lightroom and the the update to version 6.14.

6) Restore your catalog.

All this sounds drastic and it does take time and effort, but a clean installation can fix many problems.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it sounds about as drastic as a I was expecting.  Any suggestions on preparing my preferences and presets from the old computer to smooth the transfer?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

larryv78049808  schrieb

Any suggestions on preparing my preferences and presets from the old computer to smooth the transfer?  Thanks.

Here you'll find any informations you need:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that helped but didn't cure.  It got further into the load before hanging up, so I ran a restore pt for the whole system, then reinstalled.

Now I can't find my catalog, it's not unable to find the photos, it's not launching a catalog at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preferences would've been deleted as part of the clean most likely, so you'll need to manually locate the catalog and double click on it to start it. It's probably in My Pictures/Pictures in the Lightroom folder. A search for .lrcat files should find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Took awhile, but it's back in place,  thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines