• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FX profile removed from CameraRaw?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why was the FX profile removed from CameraRaw?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What camera do you have?

Was that a camera or lens profile, i.e. one that shipped with camera raw or a custom profile you added?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solaxart  wrote

Why was the FX profile removed from CameraRaw?

I'm not having a good day here, as this is two threads in a row that have left me confused.

Do you mean the fx tab in Camera RAW?  The one that has Dehaze, grain, and Post Crop Vignette?  It's still there as a tab in ACR and the Camera RAW filter, but I don't remember it being part of camera profiles.  What am I missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, sorry, the "remove haze" parameter has been moved and not removed.
😞  I'm talking to the translator "Italian-English" )

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solaxart  wrote

No, sorry, the "remove haze" parameter has been moved and not removed.
😞  I'm talking to the translator "Italian-English" )

Thank you

Ah hah!  It has too (moved that is.  It's now on the general tab right up front, which is quite a promotion..

When Adobe roll out new versions, they stagger it by time zones to spread the load (there are now more than 10,000,000 people with Creative Cloud subscriptions).  I am in New Zealand, and was not aware there had been a new version release until later, but as you can see above, I have it installed now.  

There are some important fixes in the new version, which Adobe seem to have sorted out a lot more quickly than is usual.

Fixed issues in Adobe Photoshop CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After endless problems I decided to reset everything, installed new Windows and Photoshop latest release (PC built from scratch), I set my working parameters and opened Bridge and then ACR and I suffered an Adobe Camera RAW crash with Canon R5 fle photos CR3, after much despair I review all the parameters and I discover that everything works with CR2 files.
After some tests I discover a possible Bug: setting the color space "ProPhoto RGB" after a few changes to the parameters, ACR crashes.
Setting the "Adobe RGB" color space everything seems to work ???????

Hello

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Solaxart wrote:

After some tests I discover a possible Bug: setting the color space "ProPhoto RGB" after a few changes to the parameters, ACR crashes.
Setting the "Adobe RGB" color space everything seems to work ???????

All I render into from ACR is ProPhoto RGB and no issues. 

Maybe that profile got corrupted, you could try downloading it** and replacing it but first question would be, in Photoshop  proper, using Convert to Profile and selecting ProPhoto RGB does PS crash? 

Try to Reset of the Camera Raw preferences:
Hold down the Command key and select Photoshop > Preferences > Camera Raw (macOS) or hold down the Ctrl key and select Edit > Preferences > Camera Raw (Windows).
Click Yes in the dialog that asks "Delete the Camera Raw Preferences?"
See also:
https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/using/camera-raw-settings.html

** https://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/iccprofiles/iccprofiles_win.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I loaded Photoshop from scratch, resetting all parameters, freezing happens when editing multiple things in Camera Raw.
I have noticed that even in Photoshop, PNG files create problems after numerous modifications and crashes the program.
Before resetting the parameters, the jpg and PNG files passed through Camera Raw, but now they open directly in Photoshop.
Some problems could bring it the AMD FirePro W4100 video card which does not support DirectX 12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PS:
Photoshop hangs with .png files by copying and pasting parts of the frame, ACR works perfectly with Adobe RGB profile.
Fixed jpg pass from ACR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines