• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What strategy for dealing with Spring Creators Update?

Advisor ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Photoshop canvas dragging problem caused by Windows 10 update KB4089848 (22 March 2018).  I have implemented the workaround of uninstalling the update and pausing updates.  We are due a substantial Windows 10 update in April...how should this be handled? Stay paused and watch for reports?

Thanks

David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David

Probably the best option with any major update is to hold off, having said I downloading the update to my Laptop and haven't experienced any issues.

If you want to try out the update before release you can check out this

https://www.ghacks.net/2018/04/03/get-the-windows-10-spring-creators-update-early/

I didn't have the issue with the Windows 10 update KB4089848 on either my Laptop or PC, for some reason it only affected some people.

I intend to upgrade my PC tonight only cause I'm a sucker for punishment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ged. I don't know what I and affected others will do if the next update does not fix KB4089849.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David, I don't know for sure, but I have seen a reference linking the issue to Windows Ink as  well as the Windows 10 update.  Which API are you using?  I am also wondering if there might be a workaround in the Windows 10 Pen Settings panel.  Unfortunately, I can't get my Intuos 4 to misbehave, so I can't test.  I use WinTab FWIIW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Trevor.  What is an API?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davidc1815  wrote

What is an API?

Application Programming Interface:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application_programming_interface

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davidc1815  I like to pop across and see what you been up whenever you call by the forum, and it looks like you have been busy.  There is some seriously good work on your website nowadays. 

https://www.davidcolepictures.co.uk/

What are we looking at with artwork like this?  It's breathtakingly good!  Is it built up with brushes? 

It's wonderful to see how people mature and improve. One of my best mates from yesteryear used to be a pretty good airbrush artist. We lost touch after a falling out over something stupid, and when I next checked he'd gone from airbrushing cars to airbrushing jetliners, and producing fine art in oils and can hang FRSA after his name.  He was well connected via a sister who was Ronnie Wood's partner for many years, which gave him access to good source material.  I'll have to surprise him when we go to the UK this May.

Paul Karslake FRSA | Fine Art

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Trevor. My digital pictures are made from photos with a mixture of clone and hand brushing.  A few are all hand brushed from eye.  The picture of the young man was from a photo of one of my daughter's friends I took some years ago in our garden, for an article in Painter Magazine I was commissioned to create.  The tutorial is still on the Corel Painter website (with a few others):

https://www.painterartist.com/static/ptr/img/content/community/tutorials/px/Advanced_creative_with_b...

The reproduction of the tutorial on the website is absolutely dreadful. So the picture of the young man was made in Corel Painter, but many of the pictures on my website - particularly the watercolour emulations - are made in Photoshop.

I'll wait to see what happens about KB4089848 and watch the news here.  I read the definitions of API but they are unintelligible to me.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same board, issues with the last KB update and the canvas being dragged around. I should note, I'm using a surface pen.  No way to turn off windows ink =(. I hope they fix this soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just hope the new Spring Creators Update will fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines