Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RAW (nef) problem

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a new camera Nicon D7200 but I can not open raw files in PS CC . But I know in many discussions was the problem in old plug-in but I have version 10.3.0.933 and still same problem. And yes I used also DNG convertor but this program can not find nef. files too. I am desperate. NikonĀ“s software has no problem open these files (ViewNX). What I can do ?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

View NX has been known to corrupt files in such a way that ACR/Lightroom cannot read them. This problem has later been fixed by Nikon, but if you're using an older version it may still apply to you.

There are tools available online to "uncorrupt". I can't recall any details, but it should turn up in a google search.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you transfer the files from the camera to your hard-drive?

Have you tried using a card reader to copy them directly or did you use Nikon software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just used Nikon software. Do you think that it can be a problem ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

View NX has been known to corrupt files in such a way that ACR/Lightroom cannot read them. This problem has later been fixed by Nikon, but if you're using an older version it may still apply to you.

There are tools available online to "uncorrupt". I can't recall any details, but it should turn up in a google search.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

D Fosse yes bingo you are right I changed Nikon software a now its working Thank you so much for your help really thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent

But there's no particular need to use ViewNX at all. If you use a card reader you can just copy the files directly into a folder on your machine.

Bridge also has a very good photo downloader that does essentially the same thing, but with a few more options for renaming, convert to DNG (if desired), and so on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just used Nikon software. Do you think that it can be a problem ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines