• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update 12.1.0 won't import/export .mp4 or .mov

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to 12.1.0, Premiere Pro has made my work hell.
It no longer reads some mp4/mov files, instead reading the majority (but not all) as audio files, it also is a hit and miss exporting as it gives me error warning and refuses to export. I've tried deleting Cache Files, didn't work. Reverting premiere back to the last version works but then I cannot open my recent project, if I start over I've lost a day of work, another half a day trying to fix this problem.

I was excited about the new update, but this has shaken my trust with Adobe.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol "JUST FINE"

It is "FINE" but it doesnt compare to .mov  is there a way to export a mp4 that is almost lostless in quality or that is alot closer to mov. because any of the setting for mp4 that i have found dont compare to h.264 mov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems H.264 in mp4 is based on H.264 mov. And are the same quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried it? because i have. if you export with the format h.264 then choose one of those presets. My final file is like 70mb. when i export through quicktime then select h.264 i get a larger file size of arond 1 1/2gb-2gb. MP4 does a extreme compressesion to get the file size down to 70mb. but quicktime give you way more inforation that I need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're aware of the import issue with H.264 files and are working on a fix.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's happening?  Which version works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6 months later, and .mov's won't import in AE CC, even with Creative Cloud doing whatever updating it's supposed to be doing. And is is supposed to be doing... isn't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From your  "help/about" menu, which number-dot-number version of which app are you using?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2019 Feb 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the quick follow-up re: AE not opening Quicktime.mov's.AE CC 2018 V 15.1.2. Build 69.

Rick Corrigan

Email signatures and personal information | Adobe Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines