• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File location after signing a PDF

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When we open a PDF from a network location and digitally sign the PDF, the file location to save it changes from where the original PDF was opened from. How to you make it so that the digitally signed copy defaults to save in the same location the original PDF was opened from?

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yanikl75168996,

Sorry for the delay in response.

We have tested the same, and this issue is not reproducible at our end.

Could you confirm the operating system you are working on, is it Mac or Windows?

What is the exact workflow you are following?

Regards,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apologies for digging up an age old thread but this is happening to me too.

My laptop was recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 (probably pro as this is a work machine) and since reinstalling Adobe XI I have been having this issue.

I will open a document, review it, go to sign it with my digital signature and the save location that comes up will be the last location I saved a file, not the location of the file I am reviewing.

This was not an issue on Windows 7.

While this is not a huge inconvenience, I got into a habit if keystrokes to sign, save and close a document. So having to reopen to fake a "Save as" or Signature to figure out where my file has been duplicated to has become a pain!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines