Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere CC Stuck After Splash Screen

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I just installed Premiere Pro CC on my computer and launched the program for the first time. The splash screen appears as it should, but then disappears and is replaced by a window stating that it is "Scanning Audio Plug-ins." This window gets stuck at 0% and will not progress. If I click "Cancel," it crashes my computer. I have to force quit the program to avoid this outcome.

Other CC programs work correctly on my computer. Premiere is the only one that seems to have issues.

Thank you in advance.

Scanning Audio Plug-ins.png

MacBook Pro Mid 2014

macOS 10.12.6

2.6 GHz i5

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this query to Premiere Pro CC​ community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey csaylor,

We're sorry to hear that you're unable to launch Premiere Pro.

Could you please confirm the exact version of Premiere Pro that you're using? FAQ: How to find the exact version of Premiere Pro you're using?

We released a new update on April 3rd, which introduced a launch issue that we're investigating. Please follow the troubleshooting steps given in this thread: Premiere Pro cc2018 won't start anymore after latest update

Let us know if they don't work for you.

Regards,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for helping out!

I only have access to version 12.0.1 through my work. That is the version that I am trying to install and use.

Since Premiere won't launch, I can't follow the instructions from the FAQ. The installer says that it is 12.0.1.

I followed the instructions in the second thread you mentioned (at the end trying to install 12.0.1 instead of 12.1 since that's what I have access to). After going through the steps it outlines, the same problem happened after reinstalling Premiere.

Any other thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying the steps, csaylor!

Any other thoughts?

Try this:

- Navigate to Documents > Adobe > Premiere Pro

- Rename the 12.0 folder to Old_12.0

- Launch Premiere Pro

NOTE: You'll lose your customization.

Let us know if that works.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I tried that as part of the steps from your first post, but I did it again just to check. It still didn't work. Any other ideas? Sorry...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Clint,

Try the option 1 in the below KB and check if it helps.

Application crashes during launch on mac OS

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the late response. After following Vinay's instructions and updating Premiere through Creative Cloud Desktop, the same issue occurred. I also tried the other things in that same list of instructions and it did the same thing each time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

The issue is fixed with the latest update of Premiere Pro(12.1.1). Please update & let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have since obtained a new install file from my employer, which they have updated to install version 12.1. I can't get to the main Premiere window, so I can't access the About screen to check the version directly in Premiere after installing. According to Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop I have updated to 12.1.1, but the issue still occurs whenever Premiere is launched (after the splash screen). The change from 12.0.1 to 12.1.1 didn't change anything as far as I can tell.

12.1.1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this still occurring to you CSaylor?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is still occurring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CSaylor,

Kindly contact us here: Contact Customer Care

Hope we can help you solve this issue.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I have just updated to version 14.1. I'm now having this exact same issue. After splash screen, it then goes to "Scanning Audio Plug-ins". It shows it's stuck at 0%. Help me please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines