• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tweening creates white fade in between frames?

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to create a frame animation in photoshop. I want the frames to transition into each other by a fade effect, which the tweening tool seems to do.

The background in this part of my animation is supposed to be a solid blue. I wanted to fade to the next frame, keeping that same background. The way that tweening works seems to create this lighter background between the frames due to the transparency changes (as I try to show with the screenshot). Is there a way to tween so that only the next frame becomes more opaque instead of a blending between both layers' transparencies, so that the blue in this case would stay the same?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you are not changong the opacity of the blue sky layer?

pastedImage_0.gif

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well the blue is a part of the layers themselves, I don't have it as its own background layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the blue is a different layer, it shouldn't change colors at all. Can you post a screenshot of your layers?

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well the background is a different color earlier in the animation, so I had to make the blue a part of the individual layers. The background for the whole thing is just white. Could that be why it's fading to white?

I have the white background as the first layer as shown here :

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar problem. I've imported a video to frames to create an animated gif banner. I would like the last frame to dissolve into the first so the wave action is less abrupt. When I try to tween the last layer into the first, the layers created are a fade out to nothing instead of dissolving into the first frame in the animation.

Am I trying to create an effect that isn't possible with tweening?

Thanks very much for your help.Screen Shot 2018-04-06 at 9.30.56 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fade out and fade in should be easy...

Capture.jpg

Fadeoutfadein.gif

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines