Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving the hole Lightroom catalog to another Harddrive

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello everybody,

i have problem. When i move my actual catalog to another harddrive and when i open the new catalog omg the new drive it doesnt show me all my folders.

So what i try to do is:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-06 um 12.35.01.png

to add my folders from my new hard drive. The pictures are still there, but no stars and no editing.

Is there any choice where i can easily move and open my actually catalog with all the folders, stars i given and of course the editing i do on this pictures?

Thank you for your answer

Alex

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean move the catalog file itself to another disk? Or do you mean move the photos to another disk? Or both?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you moved the images to another disk, and then created a new catalog. By default, your catalog folder is a folder inside your 'Pictures' folder, but it is separate from the pictures themselves.

Check this out, it can be used to move to another disk as well: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean both

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You probably can delete the catalog that is missing some folders.

First, you copy the catalog file to a new empty folder on the other hard disk, then double-click on it to open it in Lightroom. You can copy the photos to the new hard disk next (do not change the folder hierarchy or move photos from one folder to another), following the instructions in "Part 2 — Update Folder Location" in this document: Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines