• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not complete your request because of a program error.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have updated Photoshop to the newest version of CC 2018 and weird things started to happen. I keep getting the message "Could not complete your request because of a program error" at almost any task. A when trying to open the document I was working on after quitting I got "This document contains unknown data which will be discarded to keep layers editable. To preserve the original appearance instead, choose Flatten to load composite data as a flattened image".

Resetting preferences didn't help.

I'm using PS for work so I would really appreciate any help to solve this asap.

I'm working on a Mac with High Sierra 10.13.4

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Other things to try:

-Hold down Cmd + Opt + Shift while starting Photoshop, which should ask if you want to delete settings. Click Yes. (Note this will reset everything.) Try doing various commands and operations again.

-If that doesn't work, try an uninstall and reinstall of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it doing it on only that document? What about other documents?

If the former, it's possible the document was corrupted somehow. (This could be from anything from power sags to faulty computer hardware to viruses.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's all the files Even if I create a completely new document.

For example if I try to create a Solid color layer I get the error message and if I open a document that already contains a solid color layer I get the message "This document contains unknown data" and if I click to open it anyway the solid color layer is just empty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other things to try:

-Hold down Cmd + Opt + Shift while starting Photoshop, which should ask if you want to delete settings. Click Yes. (Note this will reset everything.) Try doing various commands and operations again.

-If that doesn't work, try an uninstall and reinstall of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Deleting settings didn't help, but reinstalling Photoshop did the trick. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines