• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Sound in Premier Pro but Sound in Audition and everywhere else

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Premier Pro with my rig for a while no problem.

About two weeks ago, Adobe Audition started to fail to play audio. Here is what I mean when I say play...

1.) Yes there are audio files associated

2.) Yes the meters - both track and master - are reacting

3.) Yes the files play sound in other applications INCLUDING AUDITION

4.) No, I have not changed hardware

5.) YES the Audition and Premier Pro Hardware Setup are exactly the same.

I have cleared cache, uninstalled Premier Pro, rebooted and re-installed Premier Pro and still get no sound.

I have reinstalled the sound drivers.

HELP. I am backing up on projects...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS I am using a PC with Windows 10

Dual Xenon

16 gb ram

Focusrite 2i2 external interface

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One other question to add to my list above.  Does Adobe no longer offer CHAT support?  I select the options Premier Pro, Trouble shooting and then select CHAT and is say select the option above.  I do that again and it removes CHAT as an option.

All the money I pay for software and I cant get support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best advice I can offer is to not use USB audio.  It has a history of being flaky.  Stick to the motherboard audio or installed sound cards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried both motherboard and USB same problem

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S8+, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bug between both AU and PPro, which does not hand off the focus of the driver to the active application.

Open the Windows sound panel and set your desired recording device as the default, then disable the other devices.  This will force a share, or each time you open the app will give you a chance to re-select it.

setting up default device.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried the suggestion. Disabled all the various options with the exception of focusrite. No soudnplayingnin premier pro, sound playing in audition. I tried rebooting and also changed ti internal sound card. Same problem. Everything is playing sound but premier pro.

I did just load an update but it made no difference. I also removed and reloaded premier pro using the cc app. No difference.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S8+, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI I uninstalled the FocuseRite, and reverted to the Built in MME system and same problem.  Everything plays including Audition - every time I am using the same video.mpg file.  Yet Premier Pro shows sound in the meters but noting comes out the speakers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post a screen-grab of your audio hardware preferences dialog from PrPro.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this is what it was when it worked before,  Then I set it to MME and Speakers and disabled everything else in the Sound menu in Windows. and rebooted. No joy.  I went back to the setting that was working including rolling back and Windows 10 updates from the past week. And still no sound in Premier Pro but sound in everything else including Audition.

I have a laptop that I set up just like the workstation and it all worked including Premier Pro, which was a fresh download.  That is why I removed the program, rebooted and reloaded the program but still nothing on my workstation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines