• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print>Page Setup Button is not inheriting printer default page size when the printer is changed

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

Continuous Release | Version 2018.011.20038

Default Printer has Letter as default page size

I open an Arch D (24 x 36) PDF

I select Print and the Default printer is selected (Letter size)

If I look at the Page Setup Button and look at page size, it shows the default Letter.

If I click on the Size pull down, it shows page sizes related to that printer correctly.

I select a different printer (WIDE format 36" plotter)

If I look at the Page Setup Button and look at page size, it is still defaulting to Letter (the default for that printer is Arch D 24x36).

If I click on the Size pull down, it shows A4, Letter, Oversize A4, Oversize Letter, and two custom sizes with oversize versions.

At this point the Fit, Actual size, Custom Scale, and Choose paper source by PDF page size, do not work as expected.

Back at the top of the Print Dialog, If I click on Properties button for the Wide format Printer selected,

It opens the Printer Properties Dialog, I then simply click OK

Within 5-10 seconds the Preview changes to show the correct page size

I click on Page Setup Button and look at page size, it now shows default Arch D.

I click on the Size pull down, it now shows all the available sizes for the Wide Format Printer

From my observations it simply looks like the Print Dialog>Page Setup Button is not inheriting printer default page size when/after the printer is changed

This is affecting most of our users in our environment.

Windows 10 Pro - on auto update

Latest HP Designjet Driver

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC on auto update

This issue appeared roughly 1-2 months ago

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To add to this, i had a user try this workaround, and even though it shows the PDF on the right size paper and previewing properly in the Print Dialog box, it still prints exactly the way it was shown prior to selecting the Properties Button.

So for now there is no workaround for this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines