• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Successive "Undo" activating Magnifying Tool?

Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello! im having an issue with my undo hotkey command unwantedly activating my Magnifying Lens tool; i have edited my hotkeys so that Ctrl+Z activates the infinite "Undo" command, but if i hit that hotkey quickly in succession to undo multiple strokes, suddenly the magnifying tool becomes activated?  I have tried snooping in the preferences to see what might be activating the magnifying lens tool but i cant even find it listed in the hotkeys or preferences. 

i want to be able to undo a lot quickly (not with inhuman speed or anything that should confuse the program) without the magnifying tool becoming activated.  why is this happening?  can i fix this?  thank you

here are some screencaps that hopefully help if this hasnt been clear enough; picture 1 shows the finished drawing, picture 2 shows the drawing after hitting the Undo hotkey once, and picture 3 shows the magnifying tool newly activated after "Undo-ing" multiple times via the hotkey quickly.

tyjy.JPGUntitled-2will2.JPGwill.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Everything you do in Photoshop does not record into a new history palette state and not all current document state information is  recorded into a every history state in the history palette.   I do not believe the current tool is recorder in and history step I do not see Photoshop Current tool change as I step back or forward in history and also do not see the current zoom level change.  Many Photoshop operations do not create a history state or even record as a step in an action.   Operation li

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything you do in Photoshop does not record into a new history palette state and not all current document state information is  recorded into a every history state in the history palette.   I do not believe the current tool is recorder in and history step I do not see Photoshop Current tool change as I step back or forward in history and also do not see the current zoom level change.  Many Photoshop operations do not create a history state or even record as a step in an action.   Operation like full screen mode or zoom in or out need to be inserted into actions. However size changes are recorder so layer sisters and document size may change between history states.

Also if you miss the ctrl key or it fails to operate correctly  Z will activate your magnify tool Z is its shortcut.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that Z is not the last key you let go of in the sequence. (They shouldn't be pressed at the same time; it's always in a sequence, i.e., hold down Ctrl then press Z, not Ctrl and Z at once.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it seems important for me to address that i use a cintiq companion tablet and have plugged my ctrl+z undo hotkey into a physical button on the tablet, so manually pressing ctrl then z cannot be the problem.

thank you for replies so far

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i guess my button was malfunctioning for whatever reason; i changed the undo hotkey to ctrl+U and plugged it into the tablet button and now the magnifying glass does not activate.  thank you fo your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctrl and then z key folled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It dose not have a history record nor sound

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines