• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I skew a shape gradient?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume this should be trivially easy, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to do it, and 20 minutes of googling hasn't given me any clues.

I started with a rectangle shape and then applied a gradient to it. Then I skewed the rectangle so that the top edge was shorter than the bottom edge, expecting that the gradient would also be skewed, but it is not:

gradient.png

So how can I get the gradient to skew along with the shape? (*Without* rasterizing the shape, which makes it too hard to work with.)

Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

You could create a rectangular gradient shape layer, convert it to a smart object and then transform the smart object.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing I can think of is to use the shape as a mask on another layer to control a (raster) gradient? That seems...involved, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The  two ways I could think of would be to either:

1. Clip a layer with a gradient to the vector shape - although it will need to be transformed separately

or

2.Create a vector mask on a gradient pixel layer. When you transform the layer the vector mask will also transform keeping it sharp

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could create a rectangular gradient shape layer, convert it to a smart object and then transform the smart object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines