• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 7, can view content in "Preview Selected" but Design and HTML tabs appear empty

Apr 23, 2008 Apr 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have having trouble viewing content in the Design and HTML viewer of RoboHelp 7. The Design viewer is empty. The HTML viewer displays tags of a blank page. However, if i click the "Preview Selected" to view a preview of the page, all of the content is visible (drop down text, paragraphs, images, etc).

In an attempt to resolve this and get the visual back, I tried to copy the html code from the local html file and try to paste it to a new topic page in RoboHelp, but there are four issues occurring:

1. When I go to the HTML editor in RoboHelp, the html code that I paste will not save—it will paste, but when I click save, the html code automatically returns to being a blank page.
2. When I go into the design section (WYSIWYG), I am unable to view any of the content—probably due to the html indicating it’s a blank page.
3. Oddly, when I click on the “Preview”, all of my content is visible (but in the preview- like a print preview, I’m unable to edit). However, the page is able to generate okay .
4. When I try to copy html from another file that is working properly, I’m able to recreate the page in RoboHelp.

So this creates a problem, where I am unable to edit it in the HTML tab, and I am unable to edit it in the Design tab, but I know that the content is there.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Elizabeth

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2008 Apr 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

See item 14 at
http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh7/using_rh7.htm

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 24, 2008 Apr 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I have reinstalled RoboHelp and installed the application on another computer, but I am still encountering the same issues. I contacted Adobe Technical Support, but was told that because the issue is not reproducible, they are unable to help me. (However, this issue is has happened on more than one occasion, but the cause of why this happens is unknown.) Is it possible that there is something in the HTML code that is preventing it from being displayed in RoboHelp?

Do you have any other suggestions?

Elizabeth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't say that you installed the update as well. Also you need to upgrade the earlier version project after applying the update.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Peter,

The update was able to resolve this issue. Thanks for your help!

Elizabeth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp